“A Fantastic vineyard tour- Bruno really knows his stuff!”

BD Tours: Wine Tours In Bordeaux
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours in the Bordeaux vineyard: Winemaker Bruno DELMAS offers you the opportunity to discover Bordeaux vineyards and wines on foot, on horseback or by car. Saint Emilion / Pomerol, Medoc, Entre Deux Mers, Graves / Pessac Leognan / Sauternes....Choose your wine tour destination(s)!
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We have only just returned from our trip to Bordeaux, and had a great time visiting the city, however, the highlight of our trip was touring the Pessac-Leognan and Sauternes/Basac region with Bruno Delmas ( BD Tours ).
Bruno arrived at our 'digs' at 9.15am and presented us with our schedule for the day. I must say we were very impressed with the way Bruno had pre arranged everything. At 10.00am we arrived at Chateau CARBONNIEUX, Grand Cru Classe Pessac- Leognan, for visit and tasting, then going on to Chateau LATOUR-MARTILLAC at 11.00am, also Grand Cru Classe Pessac-Leognan for visit and tasting. Both of these vineyards were very interesting and with help from Bruno, who speaks very good English, we learnt far more than we had ever done before about the process of wine making from 'vine to bottle'.
At 12.00 noon we stopped for lunch in a really nice retaurant LE PISTOU in Martillac then going onto Chateau COUTET at 3.00pm for visit and tasting. This Chateau being 1st Classed Growth in Barsac.
At 4.15pm Bruno had arraged for us to visit Chateau GUIRAUD also 1st Classed Growth, however, in Sauternes. Both of these Chateau visits were very informative and very much enjoyed by all in our party.
Bruno then drove us back to our 'digs' in Bordeaux, arriving at around 6.30pm.
We cannot recommend Bruno enough. His knowledge and organisation being faultless.
Thanks for a really memorable day Bruno. We will most certainly be using your services again when visiting Bordeaux.

1  Thank turbojet_10

Reviewed October 2, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed a one day walking tour of St Emilion, in Septemberm, with Bruno (BD Tours). Bruno writes (and speaks!) good English so booking via email was no problem at all. Bruno took care of the Chateau booking, each Chateau was expecting us, and treated us to a personal tour and testing. I can't recommend Bruno highly enough; he is an engaging guide, and a knowledgeable oenologist. BD tours are a great alternative to the factory style impersonal tours that are available elsewhere Bordeaux.

1  Thank DetoxRetox
Reviewed September 19, 2010

BD Tours, Bordeaux

My wife and I arranged for a half-day tour of St. Emilion and a full day tour of Medoc on the 23rd and 24th of August 2010. Our guide was Bruno Delmas of BD Tours and we found him to be very warm, reliable, informative and knowledgeable with a sense of humour that made the tours very enjoyable. His English is also faultless.

As Bruno’s background is in the wine and winemaking business his knowledge of its history and process was invaluable as the tour proceeded from one vineyard to the next. His contacts in the various vineyards were also very important towards accessing those of high quality in both St. Emilion and Medoc.

As Bruno was driving the back roads of both regions we were glad not to have tried touring ourselves in a rented car as we could relax, enjoy the wonderful scenery as we listened to the descriptions and history of the wine and vineyards. We certainly had a much greater understanding of the complex world of wine classification Bordeaux style at the end of the tours.

For anyone about to embark on wine touring in Bordeaux we highly recommend employing Bruno for a thoroughly enjoyable and informative trip in a wonderful area.

1  Thank RominCork
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My parents, sister and I traveled to Bordeaux on 19th August and we were extremely lucky to have Bruno to be our wine guide. In the beginning, I tried to plan the travel by myself and it was very difficult to make the appointments with the chateaux. Then, I was very lucky to find Bruno from Triple advisor. Bruno took over the job, considered our preferences, and gave us an fantastic one day tour in Medic region. Bruno is knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He wanted to share with us everything he knows about the region and wine. He introduced us to all kinds of grapes, let us taste the berries from the vineyard, explained how the grapevine was planted, and showed us the process of wine making. He also shared lots of stories of the chateaux in Bordeaux with us. We not only tasted lots of good wine but also learned lots of knowledge about wine. Because of Bruno, we are much more familiar with the names on wine label and it gives us lots of pleasure when we taste the wine at home. We really had a wonderful day in Bordeaux. For everyone who wants to visit Bordeaux for wine tour, we recommend Bruno as the best choice.

1  Thank Haojan
See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband, sister, and myself visited Bordeaux this summer and, by chance, ended up doing one of Bruno's tours. It was one of the best things we did during our entire trip in Europe. We signed up for the trip through the tourism center. We, along with about 20 others, went on a hike through the vineyards. It was amazing scenery, and Bruno knows his stuff when it comes to the different grapes and vines. I learned a lot about wine making on the tour. We had lunch at one of the wineries, and it was a great meal. I felt like I was in someone's home (and I guess we really were); the owners were wonderful and we had a great time. I definitely recommend doing a tour with Bruno if you get the chance.