“Delicious lunch, creative and savoury”
Review of Restaurant du Loup

Restaurant du Loup
Reserve with
Restaurant du Loup is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,544 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rue Sainte-Catherine
Description: Quartier Pey Berland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

During our 4-day stay in Bordeaux we accidentally found ourselves in front of the Restaurant Le Loup. So glad, we decided to have lunch as the restaurant offers atmosphere in upstream, tasty Brasserie deco (with nice Pianobar background music) and great food for exceptionally reasonable lunch formulaes between €14 and €17.50. A visit is a 'must' when in Bordeaux.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Having enjoyed some great meals in Bordeaux that were way down on trip advisors list we had high hopes for le loup which is rated in the top 20. We were however disappointed. We had reserved and arrived at 8.30 .we were shown to our table and then completely ignored for at least 10 mins.there is only 1 waitress and there we're 6 tables occupied so I admit that she was busy but she stood and talked to the other diners without even giving us a menu to look at. Eventually I got up and lifted one myself . She took our order after about 20mins and it was 9.30 one hour after arriving when we got our starter. We did however get a small amuse bouchée of cold melon soup before that. We both chose the 27 euro menu.Starters were poor I had a few slices of cold roast du k with put lentils all very bland and tasteless. My husband had ham and melon on toast again boring and tasteless. My husbands rabbit main was tasty I ordered scallops but was brought rabbit also by mistake then I had to wait until my dish was cooked and by that time my husband had finished his which was annoying. The waitress didn't even apologise for the mistake. Scallops were nice and came with minuscule helping of potato dauphinoise and creamed spinach. Next was a cheese plate which was as liver of Brie with interesting jams ,very nice. Then dessert for me was an ok chocolate mousse and fresh fruit salad for my husband with a nice black currant sorbet. Wine was good. All in all the meal was ok but no better than the others we tried which were much cheaper and had better service. We were finished around 11. One big negative is that the owners dog wanders around your feet looking for titbits. This should not be allowed in a restaurant. While we were there several people came looking for tables but were turned away as they had not reserved but yet 3 tables lay empty all evening. Please note that this restaurant like many in Bordeaux closes Sunday and Mondays.

3  Thank holidayseeker
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice restaurant. A little quiet for Saturday night maybe because slightly off the beaten track of old town. But food excellent and service equally good. Ordering off the €27 menu you get a nice bonus appetiser and a complementary cheese course which was a very pleasent surprise. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Great little restaurant in the heart of the old city, with menus priced lower than we saw elsewhere. In business since 1932 and we could see why. The monkfish (lotte) was excellent.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is one of the best food experiences i've have in many years.the food is suberb. There is a set menu at 25 or 35 euro, as well as choices a la carte. Service is quick. I definitely advise anyone to have a meal there