“Beyond Delicious!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was by far and away the most delicious meal we ate in Bordeaux! The restaurant itself was charming, small but decorated with copper pots. The food was clearly made with love. We started with the mussels in garlic and butter (so simple and so delicious!). My husband had the Normandy Pork, which was served in a copper pot, pork mixed with carrots, potatoes and apples in a cream based sauce. I had the rabbit, which was falling off the bone, also with carrots and potatoes in a lighter broth. Both dishes tasted like they had been cooked for days-so much flavour! We also enjoyed a very moderately priced Fronsac wine which was one of the best we tasted in Bordeaux. We tried to go back a second night but couldn't get in as we didn't make a reservation. I cannot recommend highly enough!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to go to this restaurant after reading the good reviews here on TripAdvisor, and boys if they were right!
We took the "formula Menu": € 26,50 for a starter, a main dish and a dessert. I had eggs "à la cocotte" (with ham) which were absolutely great, and then sauté de cochon à la normande (pork with carrots, potatoes and a sour cream sauce) that was even better. My girlfriend had shrimps with rice and she said they were awesome too. Also the dessert, tart tatine (kind of a French apple pie) and marquise au chocolat noir (similar to a chocolate brownie), were very good.
There was only a waitress so the service was a little slow, but it was ok because all the dishes were abundant, so we needed time :) Also the wine was delicious.
The restaurant is in the centre, so after dinner you can go on a walk in a nice area of Bordeaux. If you decide to go here (and I suggest to do so) you may want to reserve because the restaurant is pretty small.

The only reason I give it four stars instead of five is that I don't really know the French cuisine, so I don't know if other restaurant can do the same dishes better than them, buy anyway I would really recommend "Le plat a oreilles".

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant is an absolute gem, I am so pleased we made the effort to find it based on these reviews.

The gorgeous decor, laid back service & absolutely perfect food make this the best restaurant we have ever eaten at in France. Cannot recommend enough. The fish was cooked to perfection, the stew was divine & the tarte tatin is simply the best dessert I have ever had! To top it off, the price was more than reasonable.

We will be back!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I are here last weekend and were totally charmed. The street is full of restaurants and so was very lively on the sidewalk. The food was perfection. My husband's salad with hot goat cheese wrapped in puff pastry was divine. My tiny mussels in butter and garlic were delicious. We both ordered a very healthy fish cooked in paper w veggies. It was good but we wished we had gone for something more decadent. Profiteroles were amazing. Very good place!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This unassuming restaurant is an absolute glittering gem of a restaurant. The dishes look pretty simple on the menu, but are so complex in the mouth, and so so so tasty that I guarantee you will want to come back as soon as you are hungry again. I don't think I have ever eaten food cooked by somebody who understands their flavours this well. My partner's cooked mushrooms in pastry were probably the best thing I have ever tasted, that was until my main course of chicken livers. The profiteroles are the best in the world. Wow wow wow. I hope the chef never takes a day off. It would be a crying shame to visit Bordeaux again and not be able to eat hear. I may visit Bordeaux again just to visit here! If you are choosing between this place and another then just choose this one. I'll give you your money back myself if you don't talk about your meal for years to come.