“Great service and food!”
Review of La Cuiller a Pot

La Cuiller a Pot
Reserve with
La Cuiller a Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,501 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

On the night we visited, we were the first people to arrive and the waitress/hostess (actually one of the owners) could not have been more gracious or attentive. It was obvious that she has a passion for the restaurant. Her husband, the chef, also obviously has a passion for food and creative combinations, which made for a great dinner. I enjoyed a first course of crab salad with nuts on a bed of arugula while my husband had langoustines in phyllo on a creamy corn sauce. For our main courses, I had a chicken with a champignon sauce and my husband had tempura John Dory fish, served with mashed sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes and root vegetables. The place is small but had a very warm and welcoming feel. I felt the price was very good for the quality of the food and the experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were positively surprised of the warm welcome by the hostess and the attentive service. We were well taken care of from the first moment. With our glass of champagne we got some nice amuse bouche. The starter was foie perfectly prepared on a bed of cherries. We had then ordered lamb which was a little bit too red. The meat, vegetables and gravy was excellent but there was just too much of it. We never came to the dessert.
Very nice experience and we will be happy to comeback back for a lighter option.

1  Thank Elina S
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my fourth or fifth visit. The restaurant is small, 20 covers is probably the maximum. The food is excellent, though on the heavy side with very generous portions. A starter *and* a main course is more than what most people can manage (this is not a criticism), and the puddings are superb. The patronne is attentive and thoughtful. My swordfish crumble was good, the pistachio crème was outstanding. The prices are very reasonable. But beware, the place is popular, so book ahead.

1  Thank Gaelic I
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review of this place for a while since we visited. I visited with my family and we found the restaurant on Tripadvisor as we were looking for a place with good recommendations after a few disappointing experiences elsewhere.

Well all I can say is everything was perfect, we arrived early evening and the waitress could not be more inviting or helpful and very welcoming of us having a baby took. We took a seat outside and the full menu was explained, including the cooking style the source of the ingredients and so on.

The food itself was fantastic we had a three course meal (last night on holiday so why not) and could not fault anything at all. The price was not too bad either considering the excellent quality food and wine. For three - three course meals with wine, and liquor coffees (not for the kids of course) the bill came to £90 which may sound a lot, but I really think that's decent value when you consider what we paid at other places.

If I return to Strasbourg this place will be top of the list. I would much rather spend my money at a small family run business like this that takes a pride rather than some of the other non-descript corporate restraints!

Enjoy!!!

3  Thank graemeboro
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I spent last weekend in Strasbourg and without a doubt the highlight was our meal at La Cuilliere a pot. The waitress could not have been more helpful, the meals themselves were beautifully presented and wonderfully tasty, and the value for money was excellent. The lapin and skrei were standouts. Don't visit Strasbourg without dining here.

1  Thank Christina P