“Don't miss”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mairie Sud
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Really nice to be there, excellent food and really nice service!!

We came for 2 nights to Strasbourg and spent the 2 dinners there.
Go !!

1  Thank Eyal_ch1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you want to try something regional and different, then take a trip down the stairs into this unique and delightful cavernous restaurant in the Petite-France area of Strasbourg. There you will discover an Alsacian specialty, "Tarte Flambe", in many variations, savory and sweet -- which is what we bascially stuffed ourselves with one evening, in the celebratory atmosphere of Gurtlerhoft. One of our friends, who'd spent much time there during university, brought us. Otherwise we'd never have known about, nor be able to recommend it.

By the way, Tarte Flambe is not really a tarte at all. It is giant rectangular thin flatbread served on wooden oven paddles. They come topped with meats, vegetables, fruit, sauces, etc, resulting in creamy combinations of flavours and textures that I found both delicious and new to me. You slice them with rollers and delve in.

Decor is photo-worthy (though I lost all the pictures I took inside) and atmosphere is very cozy: elegantly casual with chairs, booth seats, lovely tableware and linens in warm tones. Staff were pleasant and accomodating. Service was both efficient and unhurried. Prices,very reasonable.

A stellar night out all round.

2  Thank shnti
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This place was recommended by Tripadvisor travelers and a guide book, so we had to give it a try. It's located right in front of the Cathedral, but it isn't so easy to find. There were a lot of people at the front entrance smoking, because alas, the restaurant is non smoking. It was busy inside but we were seated within minutes at the upstairs level. The place is awesome, with a lot of character. Everybody truly enjoyed their food, but me. My son ordered a pork knuckle that was worth the wait, the five meat dish with sauerkraut was very good, and so was the sausage plate. I ordered the original flatbread, but was disappointed with the dish. I just didn't expect it to be cold. My teenage son didn't seem to mind it, he ate it too :0 We had creme brulle for desert, and german beers. The waitress was really nice and helpful. One of the most memorable restaurants of the trip!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

The service staff were nice and efficient. The items on the menu were very Alsacian with cream in many of the dishes, which limited the choice of my spouse (who does not react well to it). The children's menu was very limited with hotdogs/sausages and fries. The adult dishes are very copious that I could only eat half of it. It appears to be a decent restaurant representing the local cuisine.

1  Thank frantor
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Really good restaurant to sample local cusine. The food was really good and the service was excellent. The portions were plentiful and good value . Well worth a visit if you are in the city.

1  Thank DMurphy13