“Disgrace for Chinese restaurants”
Review of New Chinatown

New Chinatown
Reserve with
New Chinatown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 1,583 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gare Centre
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I don't know where these good reviews come from, but their food is awful. Mini portions and super high prices. We ordered a whole fish, fried beef with onions, wan tan soup, stir fried noodles, boneless Cantonese duck, vegetables and white rice where they charged us for as usually at most restaurants this is given for free. We ended up a dish which was only a fish filet (tasted like it was frozen for long time before) instead of the promised fresh whole fish, they claimed to have told us that - but they were not honest. Also the duck was dry and not fresh. The noodles were greasy drained in oil and we only had 4 pcs wan tan in our bowl of soup. Staff server was not interested and looked annoyed. We don't know whether he is the owner, but they can better close this restaurant as they are a disgrace to Chinese restaurants, tasteless food that is not authentic Chinese. Please check the pictures for the prices. We ended up with a bill of almost 58 euro for this horrible meal. I recommend people to avoid this restaurant and it is better to eat at the local Burger King at the station.

1  Thank damartinovic

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant as we came out of the train station, it is right across the street. My husband and I love Chinese food and usually start craving it after a couple of weeks of travel (we are from Vancouver afterall and are spoiled with a plethora of excellent Chinese restaurants to choose from).

We arrived around 9pm on a Saturday night, the place was busy but not overly. We were greeted warmly by the owner and seated very quickly. The dining area is spacious and tables are well spaced out. Very nicely decorated with ambient Chinese instrumental music. We found the service to be very friendly and welcoming.

We ordered Cantonese fried rice for two, chicken with mushrooms, and beef with satay sauce. Everything was a tad on the salty side but it all tasted good. The portion sizes are generous and we had more than enough for the two of us. We left very full! Would come here again.

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

This was my second time in this restaurant and as also before I have experienced very nice food and very good service. Although this time the food tookma bit longer to be served.

Restaurant to be recommended for business and also private meals.

Reviewed July 15, 2015

Very good Chinese food, delightfully friendly staff. We ordered the Imperial Chicken and the Fish in Sweet and Sour Sauce: both were excellent, and we also enjoyed the fried rice (with shrimp). All the food seemed very fresh.

Reviewed March 22, 2015

This was the worst experience my sister and I have ever had in a Chinese restaurant. The food was awful - greasy, tasteless and not what we were led to believe and we were truly robbed. Furthermore the restaurant owner tried to make excuses as to why we did not receive the Peking duck that we thought we were going to get and which they bought to show us - all we got was a thin layer of the meat and the fat with some very stodgy pancakes. The waitress told us that the rest of the meat on the duck would not be good to eat - really, she must have thought we were stupid. Her attitude changed slightly when I told her I lived in France but by that time after much arguing about the price and the quality of their food it was too late. Tourists beware!!!!! We went here because the other reviews we saw of the restaurant were good. I don't know how they got such good reviews.

2  Thank Antoinette G