“Last night of our Strasbourg visit”
Review of L'Alsace a table

L'Alsace a table
Reserve with
L'Alsace a table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #361 of 1,558 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Petite France Nord Est
Description: Strasbourg seafood brasserie L'Alsace à Table is the ideal restaurant for a meal with family and friends, business lunches, large gatherings etc. Complete with beautiful frescoes in a Belle Époque style it is considered as one of the most original restaurants in Strasbourg. Situated in the Kléber quarter, the menu features a large selection of fish and seafood such as seabream, tilefish and turbot. Try the leek salad with mackerel fillets, the supreme of whiting with mashed potatoes with olive oil and the cheese charlotte. The dish of the day comes in at just 9 Euros and the set menu which includes starter, main course and dessert is priced between 20 and 35 Euros.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel receptionist. It was a very good recommendation. It has very tasteful decor with a lot of art decco influence. Service was impeccable and our food was very good indeed . The place soon became full and lots of diners had the sea food platters. We stuck to traditional fish/scollop dishes and did not regret it. An excellent choice for our final night. Not the cheapest,but well worth it.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The restaurant had been recommended by the receptionist at my hotel and on my first attempt to dine there it was full, so I went on a Monday for the last main meal of this trip.It specialises in seafood and if I had been accompanied I would have lashed out on a plateau des fruits de mer, which looked spendid. However I decided on the 24euro menu and was not disappointed. The service was friendly and of high standard, although people expecting it to be rapid might be unhappy - there was a pleasant pause between courses. I was amused at the huge size of glass provided for red wine, compared with the traditional ones provided for white. I also noted the high quality bread rolls that were available.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very good " fruit de mer" and good wines. The staff is friendly and quickly.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I went here as part of a large group of 40-50 people, and in the sense of accommodating us, the restaurant did a marvellous job. The service was quick and efficient. Also, our group organized two possible selections beforehand, and so I never got to see the menu. In this respect my review may be more myopic than usual.

However, for this price level, I was a bit disappointed. The appetizer of fois gras and apple chutney was definitely the highlight of the meal. The fois gras was delicious, but a bit too salty for my taste. It was served with crusty bread and apple chutney; the contrast between the chutney and the fois gras was definitely well-done. If the entire meal was on the level of this appetiser, this place would have gotten 4/5 for sure.

However, the main course was pig roasted in honey with small potatoes. The pig, supposedly roasted in honey, was fairly bland and did not have even a hint of honey. Even though the meat was tender, there was too little of it and the potatoes were essentially just potatoes with no seasoning that I could detect. I think this would be a lesser oversight had the meat been better prepared. Usually multicourse meals have smaller courses of course, but in this case the portion sizes really were quite small. I could have eaten here after a meal and not felt stuffed.

The dessert, strawberry tart, was a bit more interesting in the sense that it was a typical average dessert, but nothing special.

I really expected more from this place; since this was part of a group meal subsidized by the university I can't comment on the price of this meal but I fear that if I did pay the full price I would be far more harsh in my review.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

In the USA this would be a top local restaurant. Compared to two other meals in Strasbourg, one sublime and one very good.

Service is professional, the fish is well cooked and prices are reasonable.