“Cheese heaven !”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Petite France Centre
Description: Delicate food cooked with cheese, with the biggest dome in the world.
Reviewed January 5, 2019

My gf and I initially tried to go here for dinner, but this place is so popular that walk-ins don't seem to be possible on weekend evenings.
So we came here early (12:30pm) for lunch instead, the next day.
I would still recommend that you book in advance to avoid disappointment.

The staff are all very welcoming, efficient, and qualified, able to advise all types of customers.

We ordered Pinot Noir (x2), Badoit water (50cl x 2), 1 duck foie gras as a shared starter, 1 Munster fondue & 1 Blue cheese fondue (with an additional plate of cold cuts).
We couldn't handle any dessert or digestifs, we had frankly too much to eat.

Overall, the bill came to EUR 113.50, all-in for 2, we left a tip with what change we had on us, as the waiters and service was really good.

FYI:
-There are also 2 cheese shops in the town, serving cheese for take-away, you might even see them walking around the same area.
-I sincerely recommend this venue, and make sure to be hungry, because the fondues are "all you can eat", and portions for sides/mains are generous !

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,795)

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

What else to say if not : wow
I ate raclette and la fondue washed with a great red wine (which I forgot the name).

I think I will not eat for a couple of days, but it was worthwhile.

A definitely must return.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019

We visited during the Christmas market. Thankfully, we had reserved as people were lined up waiting for it to open. If you're not a cheese lover there are several meat dishes----my husband loved his steak which was tender and beautifully prepared. Tables are close together but the place somehow works. I especially loved the fondue-like dish made from FRENCH cheese...it was like fondue and raclette combined and served in a small wooden box that had been heated in the oven. It's location is on a small street just a few blocks from the cathedral.

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Excellent raclette.

Unfortunately the service was no good, a bad experience:
1. After calling that I was going to be arriving late to the restaurant the person in charge agreed to save the table and to keep it until a specific time. When we arrived, the waiter gave me a speech for being 15 minutes late and we almost did not get a table after a very long drive.
The tone was of a restaurant with an extremely long waiting line as if we were blocking many customers from being able to eat. Two hours after eating (at around 9 pm, not nearly closing time!) we got up to leave and there were at least seven tables free.

2. The waiters/waitresses were not attentive at all, except one but in a very fake way. So we got our food and payed but service never matched the quality of the food, which is what a great restaurant like this should have!

Based on an earlier visit, I would have given the restaurant five stars.

Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch in December during the Christmas markets. The fondue is amazing. There are different versions based on the cheese in it and the raclette is something to experience. The server brings a heater to the table which melts a large wedge of cheese and lets it drip down to cover your food. Hard to describe, but very cool. It's basically a cheese buffet with bread, potatoes, and meat.