“Worst Indian restaurant I have ever eaten in anywhere in the world”
Review of Le gandhi

Le gandhi
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le gandhi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #890 of 1,583 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 17, 2018

Revisiting a restaurant I used to come to regularly some years ago...what a disappointment! I arrived at 9.30, some three tables present ( max 10 people in total). After a wait of some 15 minutes I manged to order, water and wine, poppadoms to start, then chicken tikka masala, raita and a naan bread which I specifically asked be served together. The water arrived together with the naan bread and raita. After 15 minutes I asked for the wine ( the waiter was doing nithing, the other clients had all finished eating). 25 mins later after I called him over the waiter asked if I wanted him to ask the kitchen to prepare the chicken tikka masala! This then arrived some 5mins later havjng clearly been microwaved and consisting of four large tough pieces of chicken swimming in a jar of Uncle Ben’s sauce. Served with plain boiled rice which had clearly come straight out of a bag. Absolutely revolting. The poppadoms never arrived,
It beggars belief that this restaurant is actually operating. I cant believe anyone who has been there goes back. Avoid at all costs. Rated 1/5 because 0/5 wasnt an option

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant in early November 2017. We ordered chicken curry and lamb madras and both were perfectly cooked and served. The basmati rice was delicious. The waiter (Who called "Shri") was very nice and courteous. He was the only waiter around when we visited so the service was a bit moderate, but it was surely worth to wait. If you like spicy food make sure to tell the waiter to have your meal to be"very spicy".

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We arrived around 6:30 on a Saturday night in mid October. After reading the TA reviews we were a little apprehensive but decided to go for it. We started with pompadoms and an order of vegetable samosas. The spicy chutney that came with the pompadoms was great. The samosas were average. We tried the cheese naan which was excellent. My wife ordered the chicken dahl and asked for it to be spicy which it was. I ordered the chicken Madras and also asked for it to be spicy, it had a great flavor but was not spent. The tea was good and they had kingfisher beer. The service was friendly but very slow. If you have plenty of time for dinner then we would recommend.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

This restaurant is in a strategic location and I thought it would be full. When I walked in there around 1 .15 p.m, only 3 tables were occupied. The restaurant looked nice inside, but despite their claim for having air-conditioning (if it was actually on), it was very hot inside and unpleasant.

The menu included an appetizer, main dish, a desert and a coffee. I selected beef samosa, and dahl. It took such a long time for the only waitress/cashier to bring the main dish after the samosas, that I decided to forego desert and coffee.

The food was OK, but not that good to go back again. It certainly was not worth the 9 euro that I paid for it.

I have not had very good experience with Indian food in France, and I did not expect very much.

I will not go back.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

We enjoyed a very good dinner here. As with most Indian restaurants in France, dishes are not as spiced or as hot as in similar restaurants in the UK. But if you ask when ordering, then the chef is happy to adjust.

With the above in mind, food here is tasty, well prepared and generously served. We'll definitely eat here again when we next visit Strasbourg.