Hotel Royal Lutetia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$202
$183
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Citadines Strasbourg Kleber(Strasbourg)(Great Value!)
$103
Mercure
$86
$71
  • Restaurant
Comfort Hotel Strasbourg Ouest(Strasbourg)(Great Value!)
$55
$149
$82
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsrecommend this hotelshower doorquiet neighborhoodcity centretea and coffeejunior suiteby footrooms are cleanold townwalking distancenice hotelkoshersynagoguechristmastaxidryerluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The hotel is not on Strassbourg's central island, but being only a 10 minutes north of the river puts it easily within walking distance of all the city has to offer. Our rooms were €100 per night, and we were very happy with what that bought us. The desk staff were very friendly, ringing around to make restuarant reservations for us without trouble. The free wifi was also excellent - in some hotels the bandwidth is very low but the signal in our room was very good. The mattress was also of better quality than some hotels.
Complaints include the presence of several signs advertising things for sale - a little crass to offer shower caps for €5, and the sign indicating there would be a €20 'cleaning fee' if we ate in our room was also unwelcome. We just ate our pastries anyway, but did hide the evidence carefully! Also, the TV had no English channels, not even CNN.
But, complaints aside, I would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting Strassbourg.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank AussieinDeutschland
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Me and my wife and kid (2) stayed in this hotel for just one night over the weekend. Very uncomplicated, clean, value-for-money, everything available, service with a smile. Great. Thanks! Location was easy to walk into the city, no sweat.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Stovenizer
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel is quite close to the train station, we only had to take about a 7 minute bus ride from there on number 10 which was very easy to navigate! The hotel is close to the Notre Dame and other sites but far enough away from all of the tourism hullaballoo. It is a 10 minutes walk past very chic shops to Notre Dame but is in a nice quite family neighborhood. The room was very clean. It was on the smaller side, but most European hotel rooms are! The bathroom was much larger than anticipated and had been redone. The staff was incredibly helpful and provided us with maps and directions to everywhere we wanted to go! The price is incredibly low considering the quality of lodgings and the location! I am looking forward to returning to gorgeous Strasbourg and staying here! I hope it does not become too blown up!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elenabobayna
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Based on Trip Advisor’s recommendations (thanks so much TripAdvisor.com for this new category) for a budget place to stay in Strasbourg, we chose this one and are very glad we did for our 2 night stay (27-29 May 2010). My friend and I were in Room #51, and my cousin was in Room #34. The only, but very minor, negative was that there was no safe. They would keep things for you, but I left my computer in the room and it was there with everything else when we returned. The room had 2 twin beds, tv, and nice sized bathroom with tub/shower. There was a separate room with the toilet which is nice to have if more than 1 person is in room. The room was high enough to get a great view of the city. I could see the cathedral spire from our room. Shampoo/soap was provided. They had other amenities for sale such as toothbrush, shower cap, etc., if needed. Rembember, it is a budget hotel but one of the best budget hotels ever in my opinion. Hotel was very quiet even with windows opened. Breakfast was on the 1st floor in a very nice, charming room and was very good. There were boiled eggs (as well as uncooked ones to poach) plus some sliced meats, lots of different cheeses, breads, a coffee/chocolate machine, juices, and more. Everything was kept well stocked, and the lady serving was so very kind. The people at the front desk were very welcoming and stored our luggage a few hours the last day. Again, even though no safe, everything was untouched. The free wifi worked fantastically and was very well appreciated and used several times.
Another great thing about this hotel was its location-less than a kilometer from the old city but much quieter and less crowded. If there are 2 or 3 in your group, be sure to buy a TRIO pass. It’s good for up to 3 persons for 24 hours and costs just over 5 euros for all not per each person! We bought one for both days. It’s good on the trams and busses. Be sure to validate each time used! Bus #10 is perfect for this hotel. Bus #10 circles the main, historic downtown area and the stop Vosges-Oberlin is less than 50 meters from the hotel. #10 goes directly from the train station to the hotel. You can also take it to the area where the boats depart for the city boat tour which is just south of the cathedral. Very convenient and handy to hotel and only makes the hotel location more perfect. Why stay in the hustle/bustle, when you can stay in a hotel that’s quiet and quaint with such easy access to everything and has the nicest, friendliest, and most helpful staff one could desire?
I definitely will inquire about staying here on a future trip to Strasbourg. The price plus the comfort of the hotel can’t be beat. The #10 bus makes the location a big plus. We took the train to Colmar for the day-not as good as Rick Steves makes it sound. Strasbourg is much better, and Colmar isn’t as small as I thought. Kronenbourg brewery tour is fun and is an easy walk from Tram Line A which connects with #10 bus at the train station stop. You can even take the bus to Kehl, Germany, with your TRIO pass, but we didn’t see any great places to eat as we walked for about 20 minutes through a pedestrian area-most were closed, but it’s fun to say we rode a city bus to Germany from France!
To sum up: This was the best hotel on this trip to France and one of the top 5 in my 20 plus trips to France. I really enjoyed Strasbourg (except they serve sauerkraut with almost every meal) and hope to return in the next few years –this was my 1st visit but won’t be my last. There will not be one doubt as to my first choice of hotel-the Hotel Royal Lutetia.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We (my husband and my 5 month old son) stayed at Lutetia on April 24th, 2010. It is located literally 10 minutes away from the old town. Once we arrived, Stéphanie at the reception welcomed us with a great smile. She was very helpful as we had a baby. Our room was two times larger than a standard hotel room which was great with all baby stuff that we had. Very clean room, friendly hotel stuff and quiet environment. This hotel deserves absolutely more than 2 star.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family