Tripadvisor
Strasbourg
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews spacious hostel city centre breakfast and dinner ensuite bathroom two night stay within walking distance rooms are clean christmas market petite france hostels yha shampoo mattress german receptionist cathedral
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Ciarus location in a very quite area but not too far from Petite France and center. I came to Strasbourg because of the Christmas Market that so happening here and I must say it's true. From Ciarus to the biggest Christmas Market in town only few minutes walk, also to the Cathedral Strasbourg. To the Les Halles Shopping Centre (across the Petite France) only within walking distance, very nearby location from this hostel.

This hostel is a member of YMCA and I like to stay here as I have also stayed in several YMCA hostel in Asia. Very clean and quiet hostel. I book twin bed room with ensuite bathroom so it is very convenient for me. The basic bathroom amenities available soap, shampoo, towel, this is a hostel so we don't expect too much. But room is quiet, there are group of students stayed here but didn't look crowded and didn't hear any noise. So excellent for sleeping beauty. Room is spacious and spotless.

The coffee lounge in the lobby is nice and not too expensive, I love the home made cookies, during my stay several time I had a cappucino here and sitting comfortably here. I did not take the Breakfast but I took the Lunch buffet two times. Nice food with affordable price.

The staff are kind especially Malcolm, he is very informative and thank to him for giving a good service. Other staff is also kind. The storage room is free and we bring the luggage by ourselves to keep it in the storage. Toilet in public area (near the storage room) is using code so just asked the reception for the code. Wifi is good but cannot make a whats app call but that is okay.

Thank you Ciarus you make my visit great in Strasbourg.

Date of stay: December 2019
Madeleine M, Responsable réception at Ciarus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Josephine,

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you faithfully.
We try to do so as our customers feel well in our House and your comment shows that we reach it and that our efforts are recognised.

M.Madeleine

Reviewed November 3, 2019

Nice design of the lobby, art everywhere. Billiard, soccer, airhockey in the basement. The rooms are clean and tidy, most of the stuff is very friendly. The hostel is located close to the city center in a quiet alley.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Madeleine M, Responsable réception at Ciarus, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Hello,

Reviewed September 28, 2019

We traveled with a group of 50+ people for a two night stay. Everything worked out fine. The receptionists were very nice, friendly and helpful, speaking at least French, English and German. The rooms are above average for a hostel with their own bathrooms and daily maintenance. The rules are pretty strict which is very good for us but a little boring for teenagers. Nevertheless, everyone enjoyed their stay in Strasbourg.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Madeleine M, Responsable réception at Ciarus, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Hello,

Reviewed July 30, 2019

The reception is friendly but besides that I didnt feel a personal touch in the hotel.
No ac in the room, I was staying in the top floor during the European heatwave. It got really warm in the room and I was sharing it with 2 other people.
But on the good side: Reception is friendly, everything is clean. The bathroom was really nice. They are helpfull with planning your day. I got an extra information book about the summerevents in Strasbourg, that was really nice.
The price is a bit high for budget travellers, but you will definitely get good quality for your money.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Madeleine M, Responsable réception at Ciarus, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Not really my type of hostel, as this to me is more a hotel with dorms. If you like huge aseptic hostels (like YHA) or if you value hygiene over atmosphere, then this is the place. If you prefer traditional hostels with a personality, stay away!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Madeleine M, Responsable réception at Ciarus, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We see the evolution of our customer comfort through their comments; and we thank you for your comment. Nevertheless we are sorry that your experience wasn't for you the one you expected. We try to improve us on a daily basis.