“best bed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Bouclier d'Or

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Le Bouclier d'Or
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Strasbourg
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
“best bed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is quite nice and comfortable and is located in good location. Is rather small but what makes this hotel different is beautiful spa with massages and what I like the most was bed - I slept so well, it was very, very comfortable. It was real pleassure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I chose Le Bouclier d'Or entirely on TripAdvisor reviews and it was even better than expected. I stayed in room 18, a corner room. It overlooks the quaint Rue des Dentelles on one side and a Reformed Church on the other. The church is worth mentioning because they ring bells--every hour! I rather liked the sound of them and they didn't keep me up at night, but if you prefer not to hear them, you might want to ask for a room that doesn't face the church. The hotel itself is lovely and elegant. The rooms have a regional Alsatian feel, without being kitschy. The bed is comfortable, there's plenty of lighting, and the WiFi worked well. My room was large by European standards. The bathroom is completely modern. Mine had a walk in shower, a separate tub, double sinks, towel warmer, plenty of nice towels, etc. The bar/sitting room on the entry level was a lovely place to chill with a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of wine. The hotel's location was ideal--in La Petite France, just a short walk from the Cathedral, the Museum of Modern Art, plenty of restaurants, etc. What sets this hotel apart from others, though, is the service. With only 22 rooms, the service feels personalized. All the staff were welcoming and helpful. My only regret is that I wasn't able to stay long enough to take advantage of the hotel's spa services.

Room Tip: In rooms that face the nearby Reformed Church, you'll hear the church bells at all hours.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mackovita
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Le Bouclier d'Or for four nights the last week of October. I loved it! Every staff member was a total professional, truly gracious and helpful. The entrance to the hotel is within a small courtyard, so not directly on the street. It sits kind of kitty-corner in a area where four streets meet--all of which making heading in any direction toward any of the sights a breeze. For example, Place du Gutenberg is an easy five minute walk from the hotel and just over the bridge opposite the hotel sits the restaurant Au Pont St. Martin where we ate twice for its food, atmosphere, and service. (There are several restaurants located on the same street as Au Pont...).

The room was so cozy and welcoming from the décor to the pitched roof and beams. The beams lend an authenticity to design, but do be careful when walking around if you're tall like I am. My only complaint--not a serious one--was the lighting in the bathroom. I had forgotten to pack my own small mirror so needed to use the bathroom mirror for applying make-up. The bathroom was well-lit overall, but I found the location of the one recessed light over the mirror (off-center to the right) problematic. If I leaned in, shadows obscured my face, making make-up application virtually impossible. A round, wall-mounted mirror sat at the right side of the mirror over the sinks, but it had a rather odd blue cast to it. I had to bend and lean in to use it, and still I felt that I really couldn't see! So, all in all, applying make-up did make for a challenge every morning, but again, partly my fault for forgetting my own mirror. My room had only a shower, which is fine for me, with great hot water and water pressure. Plenty of sumptuous towels, double sink, toiletries, two fluffy bathrobes, and slippers. Fantastic!

I enjoyed a delightful breakfast buffet every morning that offered scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon with plenty of breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, juice, and coffee brought to the table. My niece used the wifi in the room one night and I had access to the computer in the bar area at any time I needed it. I had treats left on the bed each night, too--such a lovely touch. I appreciated having two bottles of water available for free (plus juices) in the small mini-bar. The room was completely dark at night and I had no issues with noise at all. One night I did leave a window open slightly, which enabled me to hear the Cathedral bells ringing in the distance--lovely.

Strasbourg is such a lovely city. My stay at Le Bouclier d'Or was so enjoyable--location, staff, breakfast, room--all just perfect for me. Highly recommend and would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: My room, No. 22, was on the top floor with elevator service to the room. Lovely views, well above a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Lovely hotel from the moment you walk through the front entrance. Tranquil decor, extremely clean and spacious. The steam bath was perfect at the end of a long day of walking and sightseeing. Service was excellent, location perfect! My only complaint was that we did not schedule more than a one night stay!

Room Tip: Strasbourg is a lively little city on the weekends, so the street below was a little noisy if you wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was stayed at the Boulcier d'or on a recent trip to Strasbourg. WOW! The rooms are absolutely lovely, with that living in a old room house (with recent upgrades) feel. THe bed was super comfortable. The wifi was fast and rock solid (and included!). The bathroom was spacious. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. It is located a 10 minute walk from the Cathedral and right next to petite France. Great location (Although I did hear some college kids getting raucous late one night).
My major complaints were that the room never got to a comfortable temperature; I had to regulate it with opening windows. And the ceiling was angled and a beam was right over the toilet, I must have hit my head a dozen times. Other than that, the mini-bar (non-alcoholic) was free and they left little treats on my pillow every night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Only a year old, this hotel is in the touristy la petite France area yet offers peace and tranquility once you step thru the gracious gates. The rooms are quite spacious - tho request one with elevator service - and the bathrooms are deluxe - wonderful toto toilets which have many controls and a wonderful bathtub with multi spa settings In your choice of colors lights! The shower has rain head with good pressure, as well. The staff is generally excellent and accommodating. Common rooms are lovely - bar and lounge. Would highly recommend for both the business and tourist traveller. Request room on higher floors - we had 319 - which offered beautiful views as well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NPWNewYork_NY
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

In the heart of Strazburg city and next to Petite France amazing area and Covered bridges. Nice area full of medieval half-timbered houses and baroque sandstone buildings. very close to the canal and the famous Cathedral in Strazburg.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo