1,607 results
All reviews petite france museum of modern art old town tram stop strasbourg centre rooms are small short walk one night stay bed was comfortable stayed here for nights a lovely stay by foot breakfast buffet booked this hotel parking city station
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019

Very nice location,excellent breakfast and the stuf very helpful.They speak English and there is for you 24h.The rooms are small but very clean.Also there is ibis kitchen for dinner.Good job!!!In our vacations we always prefer ibis hotels,they never let us down.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
STEPHANE G, Directeur général at Ibis Strasbourg Centre Historique, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Strasbourg Centre Historique.

Reviewed April 11, 2019

First of all the hotel has a decent location.

What I would advise is - if coming from the station, there are IBIS' dotted all over the city. Do NOT go for the one opposite the station, it is the wrong one. Additionally, do not make the mistake I did and trust google maps - it will lead you on a wild goose chase! (and no, you won't get charged extra if you are a UK customer on a mobile contract - it will be in your data bundle (at least until Brexit)). Instead, turn right and follow the road round. You can't go wrong. It's on the left next to a skate park.

If you need water - which we did - there is a Carrefour MINI-supermarket located 160yds from the hotel. This is also ideal for food at night. Open hours are Mon-Sa: 7am-9pm and Sunday 9am-1pm - YES, 1PM. LUNCHTIME.

Generally speaking, we didn't need the tram to get to the city centre. It can easily be walked in 20 minutes, UNLESS you are travelling to Kehl (a suburb of Strasbourg in Germany) or to the European Parliament, which sadly, despite spending a week in Strasbourg - I'd already planned so many other things that there just wasn't time on my schedule.

Reception are more than happy to offer ideas for intineraries if you get stuck for ideas - particularly for rainy days. There is a market on a Wednesday and Friday behind the Art museum next to the hotel, but it's really nothing special. There's a bigger, better one everyday in the square in the city centre - NOT the cathedral, but by the high street stores.

Now onto the food service.
On the first night, we treated ourselves to Flammenkueche. The food was good, but please beware that the service is a little bit on the slow side.
We also tried the bar snacks. They offer cheese toasties, but it's not done the same way as cafés here in the UK would do it, but it's still great. The staff aren't very good at making tea though - warm milk to be poured in, instead of cold? It's a bit of an odd concept to a Brit, that.
The one thing that was quite saddening was that on one of the nights, there was only one member of staff and a good half a dozen customers waiting for food. I appreciate that Sunday nights most people won't want to be working, but someone should have helped her. We tipped her for the extra lengths she went to despite the unnecessary pressure on her (please give her a pay rise!)
The breakfast was satisfactory, it did the job. No negative or positive commentary to pass on that.

The room
I'll admit it was a bit of a shock when I arrived. It was incredibly small. If travelling in a group, there will be no room for anything other than 1 suitcase and 1 rucksack per person.
There was no room in the wardrobe, so I was living out of my suitcase practically for the entire week.
The beds look like thin mattresses at first, but they are more comfortable than they look.
The bathroom is tiny. It's a challenge to get dried in there, but the shower has EXCELLENT pressure and flow. The cleaners could have provided more toilet rolls, and bigger towels for us taller people! The cleaners also did not pay much attention to the toilet flush which remained dirty throughout the stay.

The television was a problem, particularly on the 4th night of our 6 night stay. As someone who can speak French and German, I often wanted to relax at night after a busy day in front of one of the main French / German networks (BBC is on offer, but we never got reception for it). During our 4th day, we were out, and we returned to find no access to television channels. Apparently there had been a powercut, according to the receptionists, but this failed to make any sense as the wifi and the lighting were all working. Most networks returned on the 5th day, but some important ones like TF1 were still missing until the final evening.

The heating was located in an odd place - over the door. I have to ask, is it for this reason that the fire alarm in our room looked like it was disabled? (please see the photos attached). This was something I found particularly concerning.

The room had a lot of noise at night, often sounded like a drill. This was between 7 and 11 pm in the evening. We were aware of repairs going on in the hotel, as the lift on the end in particular was under maintenance work - but still being used by the customers. Lifts Left and Middle were fine, but the right hand lift was covered in wooden material, which smelt, minus the buttons.

One thing which was definitely unpleasant was the smell in the reception area when we returned each day. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that it was drain problems because it smelt like faeces. When we would come back an hour or so later to the bar, the smell of Febreeze or something like it, did not go unmissed - it was very evident.

The staff were very kind, generous people. The room was adequate. All in all, I would be prepared to stay here again, but there are improvements which should be looked into. I have stayed in Ibis' in France which are much, much worse than this one (one of my reviews from 2014 you can read about, there - Porte de Saint Ouen)! This is perhaps the best one I have stayed at in France! Keep up the good work, guys!

Room tip: Get a room that looks onto the river Ill
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
STEPHANE G, Directeur général at Ibis Strasbourg Centre Historique, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Reviewed March 21, 2019

The hotel is very well located, just 10 minutes from the historic center of the city.
The staff was always very friendly.
Room was old and very small. Taking a shower was a nightmare, the bathroom was very small and it was always cold even though it had a small heater.
The breakfast buffet was very good.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
STEPHANE G, Directeur général at Ibis Strasbourg Centre Historique, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and had no issues.

You know what you’re getting with an Ibis hotel. There are a number of free parking spaces in which luckily we managed to get for the duration of our stay. It says there is no parking but there are limited spaces if you’re lucky to get one.

It was walking distance into town and close to the beautiful old town. We would return here.

Date of stay: April 2018

Reviewed March 12, 2019

The hotel is not far from the Central Station and is very close to the old town.
I don't believe that the room provided (504) was a twin. It was too small even for one person!!! It was not possible to move in the bathroom! No shower caps and other essentials!
People on the reception were nice. Breakfast too poor. Room not clean enough.
Won't choose again.

Room tip: Room 504 is super small!!!
Date of stay: March 2019