“Good budget accommodation”

Ranked #115 of 127 Hotels in Strasbourg
Kronshagen, Germany
“Good budget accommodation”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location is good, we walked to the city (30 minutes) but one can instead use public transports easily (bus no. 4, bus stop nearby at the rue de romains).
We had rooms in the 3rd floor (no elevator), which were small but clean and provided everything one needs for a sleeping stay. The bathroom was small as well (bath tub) but okay, it was clean when we arrived, but the maid didn't really clean it during our stay. The breakfast could be improved, there was not too much choice, but one even gets fresh orange juice.
It's a good budget accommodation, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Traveling alone, I wanted a great price, a little out of town, but good access to city center, just a short walk to Rue de Romains and bus # 4 goes right to city center, for only 3.70 Euros I purchased unlimited bus/tram for 3 days.

hotel arc-en-ciel was SO perfect for me! My bed was extremely comfortable Rm 19 :) I loved the aromas wafting up from the courtyard below in the mornings. I also enjoyed the Church bells from down the street that chimes even at night, but I always could listen to see what time it was. For 8 Euros The breakfast spread was wonderful! Many cheeses, meat slices, about 5-6 different types of breads, some sweet some baguettes and other amazing French pastries! nice big soaking tub...shower too! Maid service everyday -> changed sheets and put out new towels and soaps, I admit this is not a luxury hotel, but I loved the staff, the home-flavor of the experience far outweighed any slight inconvenience.. Stairs were good for my exercise! The beautiful cemetery a few blocks away was also great to visit.. to say nothing of Strasburg City Centre!! I hope to return here next year! <3<3<3 Great experience!.

Room Tip: I chose a double room for size.. spread stuff out! Rooms to the courtyard are probably a little noi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rndthew0rld
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Booked this hotel as we needed secure parking for our motorbike. Good set up as car park can only be accessed by pin code after 9pm which we needed to do as too far to walk into the city centre. I'm not a picky person but the hotel is looking tired in public areas and our room was dirty. It had not been hovered properly and you could run your finger through the dust round the edge of the carpet. In the bathroom behind the door there was enough long black hair on the floor to make a small wig. Staff weren't over friendly or helpful either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Strasbourg hotels

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our family(4 of us) were in that hotel one night. The hotel is quiet and peacefull, but rooms are very small with bunk-beds( they are also very small for bigger child.)Breakfast was o.k and the recepcionist was very kind.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids ask for bigger room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This two star hotel, located quite outside the city center but very well connected to it, presents quite a good example of what a decent two star (hence no luxury) hotel might look like. Quite a spacey room with a wardrobe to put things to, a small writing desk and a (working!:)) TV and a (also well working) wi-fi connection. A separate bathroom with WC is also part of the offer. Actually, the room displays all you might need and expect from this standard of the hotel. In the cellar, there is also a nice restaurant (open until quite late evening - I was there around 11 pm and it was still open) in case you get hungry after your return to the hotel. The reception seems efficient and well prepared to having guests who might need some information on the city (i.e. how to get to the city center). No breakfast option taken, so no review on the food in the morning.
To sum up, a very recommendable hotel in the so overpriced city of the European democracy. :)

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We drove to this hotel and planned to take buses whilst spending 2 days in Strasbourg so the free and enclosed parking was a bonus for us. Also the hotel was in a great location for buses into Strasbourg and for getting to the Zenith stadium where we had booked tickets for a concert. The taxi ride back from the stadium at midnight was also very short and cheap. The hotel was a great price and the buffet breakfast was excellent. On the negative side I feel that no matter how few stars a hotel has it should always be clean. This was not the case with our room, the carpet was covered in hair, the bedcover was grubby, the shower had long black hairs in it and the taps were leaking. I feel some direction from the management is needed in this hotel to bring it up to an appropriate standard. We arrived at 4:30 and were told that our room had not yet been cleaned so were given another, which also hadn't been cleaned very well!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Riga
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I found review of Navytowntravlr most precise and should have listened to her opinion.

* Cheap.
* Friendly and English speaking receptionist
* Clean. This was a nice surprise. And the cleaning person came every day.

* The advertised free WiFi was almost non-existent. It seemed to work for 10 seconds every 5 or so minutes (I'm not kidding) and the speed was around 128Kb/s (well below modern standard). I stayed there for 4 nights and had to do work related staff. Thank god I had internet access elsewhere, because this was not useable. This especially annoyed me and made opinion negative, because the hotel advertised free WiFi. If I would know that it won't work, I would have opted for another one.
* Location totally inapropriate if you are on foot. You can get to the center by bus 4 (stop Rue Charmille), however the rides takes from 5 to 20 minutes in rush hour. If you have to get to some other location outside center, the time wasted is considerable, taking into account that the hotel is only 1,8km from the city center. To walk it takes about 30minutes of brisk action.
* I'm not sure how the other rooms are, but I was put on ground floor in a room that seemed to have been a garage before. Depressing, because the only light that comes in is from the about 1,5m wide door. However I had the curtains closed mostly for privacy reasons - didn't want other guests to see what I'm doing in the room.
* Cable TV had only 5 channels, only 1 English. To add to my negative attitudes, on the last day the cable TV had severe disturbance - the "white" snow all over the picture.

Basically, do stay here if money is a real issue. I see no other reason.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business