All reviews nice hotel minute walk shower standing cold winter limited parking fitness center comfortable stay breakfast was delicious spent nights shower head city centre reception staff superior room train station christmas market old town bath
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

We booked a standard room, which was exactly that. The room was perfectly clean and orderly, but our room was more plain than the pictures. The stands was very friendly and spoke nice English so no issues there.

The hotel is certainly not inconvenient, but it's more of a 20+ minute walk to the city center. We felt perfectly safe and were happy to walk but it resulted in walking over 10 miles a day. There were minor inconvenience such as their only being a tub and not a shower. Also, for the gym/sauna you have to reserve a specified time because there is only room for one. Finally, the breakfast was nice but if you don't get a breakfast rate, it's 15 euro/person.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
valerie_lapp, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Villa d'Est, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent visit to the Villa d’Est .

We are very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your room. We will share your comments with our team.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2016

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
valerie_lapp, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Villa d'Est, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

We've already visited this hotel a few times and it was a pleasant stay.
The staff is very friendly.
The rooms are cosy, nicely decorated and clean. The windows have two sets if window panes which is ideal to keep the traffic noise outside. The only downside is the size of the room. It is quite small. The bathroom has a very large shower, but the rest is very small.
The breakfast buffet is quite nice. A large variety of fruits, cheeses, breads,eggs, ... With also some healthy options.
The only downside is the cakes. The croissants and chocolate breads don't have the quality of the bakers.
A nice and pleasant stay!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank missellen2014
valerie_lapp, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Villa d'Est, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2016

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your good experience in our establishment on TripAdvisor.
All your congratulations were sent to our staff.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon in the Villa d’Est,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 17, 2016

Villa d'Est is a quiet little boutique hotel. The check-in lobby is small but cozy, as are the rooms.

The room I was in was decorated in a traditional french style (as is to be expected in France!) with lots of blues and whites. There wasn't really a view out my window. The bed was a little low to the ground for my liking. There was a small desk and chair, but it was more suited to getting dressed and putting shoes on than for doing business work for long periods of time. The bathroom in my room was small and, while it had the essentials, wasn't installed with a big fancy vanity or a large dressing area. For my needs, it was fine though.

There is a fitness room in the hotel but you need to make a reservation to use it as it is private. They also serve breakfast, but as I wanted to sample the local bakeries I did not have an opportunity to try it.

The neighborhood the hotel is in is also very quiet, with the exception the commute hours when the roads near to the hotel can get busy (as it is also near a highway).

The price for a room is very good. It comes in much cheaper than a room at the Hilton or similar, though you aren't going to have amenities like the lounge or big swimming pool and hot tub. This is fine, of course, but remember you are staying at a boutique hotel, not a large chain that includes tons of on-premise amenities. One key amenity for me (and I assume most business travelers) is wifi, which Villa d'Est does have.

I have to disagree with many of the comments on here about location. It's about 1.6 km/1 mile from the hotel to the cathedral, which is a comfortable 15-20 minute walk. It's also about midway between downtown and the parliament area. In other words, it's far enough away to avoid the touristy feel but close enough to enjoy the central sights. I found the location to be perfect!

I really want to give this location a higher rating as it delivered as advertised and the service was friendly and reliable, but there's also really nothing about the hotel that makes it stand out over similar boutique hotels. For the traveler looking for a clean and comfortable place to rest at the end of a day, you cannot go wrong staying here. If you're looking for a bit more destination and atmosphere out of your hotel though, you may find yourself let down.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
valerie_lapp, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Villa d'Est, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2016

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Villa d’Est Hotel , thank you so much for taking the time to leave your impressions on Tripadvisor !

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks from our clients . I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again, don't hesitate to contact us, we stay at your entire disposal !

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 15, 2015

This is not convenient for touristing -- a fairly long walk to center city & to petite France + parking is off site. staff very pleasant & helpful, room comfortable. I had trouble leaving as turned the wrong way to pick up my luggage at the hotel & ended up out of the city -- had to reprogram GPS to return to pick up my luggage!

Date of stay: June 2015