Overall a good hotel but on balance I think you could find better choices in Strasbourg.
The hotel itself has been very nicely renovated and considering it's a 3 star property feels very luxurious. Service was excellent, staff were knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help.
Where for me there were a few faults with the hotel were:
1) Breakfast. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection but as a bit of a late riser, I got there about 10am, I found each morning some items would be missing. This isn't a problem I'm sure if you arrive for breakdfast early.
2) Bed linen seemed to be of poor quality and didnt match the very high standard of the rooms. Rooms themselves are very comfortbale.
3) Location. It's a 15/20 minute walk to the centre. 20minutes to COuncil of Europe/EU Parliament. In itself that isnt a bad thing but you do feel you're walking away from action, which is Strasbourg is pretty timid.
On reflection, if I were to visit Strasbourg again I would stay closer to the centre of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis of peace at the heart of Strasbourg, the Villa d' Est is the ideal spot for your stays. A short walk from the historical places, train station, convention center and European institutions.From our elegant breakfast room to our bar “Le Rohan”, from our inviting terrace at the heart of the hotel to our fitness room : we place emphasis on our high-end style of reception blended with French life style and manners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Hotel Villa d'Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- d Est Hotel Strasbourg
- Hotel d Est