The location is very suitable, convenient for the tram or to walk to the centre of town; also convenient for the European Parliament or the Council of Europe by tram. I had an ordinary room, which was comfortable: the bed was good. The restaurant menu is frankly uninspiring, particularly compared with outside competition, although the service was friendly and good: courteous and not too formal. The wine list is relatively unexciting.
Hilton has a very strange policy on wi-fi: free in the lobby for a basic service, pay in the rooms (for a faster connection). This needs serious revision, as there are plenty of good hotels that offer free, decent speed wifi. Not everyone staying is from a company willing to pay whatever they are asked to.
We got a decent group price, but one colleague who wanted to extend his stay over the weekend was asked to pay a much higher price for the extra nights, even though business hotels in Strasbourg are not busy at weekends!
The lobby is relatively uninviting; there is a bar, but virtually nobody was there - which speaks volumes.
The breakfast was frankly uninspiring (although the Alsace bread rolls were excellent): the scrambled egg looked like reconstituted egg, rather than freshly made scrambled egg. The Alsace specialities were tasty and looked good, but the bacon was totally uninspiring.
All in all, a very convenient place to stay, but the hotel lacks a sense of soul, purpose, and dedication. At least that is what I felt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the city centre, in the European institutions district and opposite the Congress Centre, the Hotel Hilton Strasbourg is well positioned for access to the city's extensive tram network. All rooms offer large windows with views over the Cathedral or the European Parliament building. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi. For your business travels, choose an Executive room and enjoy Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks are served. Indulge with a seasonal and full of freshness cuisine at the restaurant of the hotel, H! Brasserie. Or enjoy a snack and cocktail created by the award-winning bar team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Strasbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Strasbourg Hotel Strasbourg
- Hilton International Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Hilton International