The hotel is located very close to European Parliament's and the Council of Europe's premises (10-15 mins walk or 2 tram stops) so it is very convenient if you are in town for EU related affairs. Otherwise, I would recommend staying in the historical center (Petite France, Cathedral area, etc), which is much more picturesque and with more restaurants and entertainment options (but also much more noisy). Still, a tram will take you to the center in ca. 15 mins so it is not really a big problem.
Overall, it is a nice hotel, with slightly outdated architecture (but they do renovate - right now executive lounge is brand new and usually well served). Breakfast is decent but definitely not cheap. You can expect a good Hilton standard and it is very much recommended for business travellers.
in general, Strasbourg's hotels get extremely lucky once a month - for four days, the whole European Parliament moves to the city, so hotels are extremely overpriced, if you are lucky enough to find available rooms. If you want to visit Strasbourg for pleasure, simply avoid the session weeks (you will notice immediately which weeks are session weeks when you check hotel prices - it will be at least double the usual price everywhere!). if you can, try to visit during the Christmas Market season - the whole town looks simply stunning in December!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the city centre, in the European institutions district and opposite the Congress Centre, the Hotel Hilton Strasbourg is well positioned for access to the city's extensive tram network. All rooms offer large windows with views over the Cathedral or the European Parliament building. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi. For your business travels, choose an Executive room and enjoy Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks are served. Indulge with a seasonal and full of freshness cuisine at the restaurant of the hotel, H! Brasserie. Or enjoy a snack and cocktail created by the award-winning bar team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Strasbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Strasbourg Hotel Strasbourg
- Hilton International Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Hilton International