“Average”

Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Strasbourg
Bucharest, Romania
“Average”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looked very dated to me, quite an '80 feeling. That affected my evaluation of the cleaneless as well, as it didn't looked spotless even if not dirty either. The overpriced internet acces is a scandal, just as in Brussell. The breakfast was nothing extraordinary, the check-in/out was fast, but its strong point is location as regards the Lufthansa bus. The bus to Frankfurt leaves/arrives right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Veronique_Kubler, PA to Katharina Schlaipfer, General Manager at Hilton Strasbourg, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you to take the time to share your feeling about your last stay at the HILTON Strasbourg. We have the pleasure to inform you that internet access is free in the Lobby, Club and Restaurant, but not in our rooms according to our brand standards.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sincerely yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I just spent a couple weekends here during a recent business trip. It was nice to have some extra comfort from where I was staying during the week. I upgraded the room to have a Cathedral view. The interesting thing was that the first weekend I was there they put me in a king bed on the 7th floor, a very nice room with an isolated closet. However when I returned the following weekend they put me in a room with 2 double beds on the 4th floor. There was no closet but still had all the same amenities. I felt that the 4th floor room was nicer too. The bathroom felt much cleaner and newer. I had the American Breakfast on the first weekend before I drove back to my other hotel and there was so much food that I didn't actually go out for dinner or lunch that evening as I took along the breads and yogurts. The service was attententive and the porter actually walked all the way out to my car in the back to get my last piece of luggage. While it was not at the city center the entire are is great for walking. I walked every where but they do have a very efficient tramway that only costs about 4 euros for the day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your feeling about your stay on this website. The 7th and 4th floor are Executive floors, and the 4th floor was renewed some years ago.
We are very happy to read that your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed to walk around our beautiful town.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is nice, but quite far from the city center. The room is very clean, and the bed is comfortable too. The room is an average 4 star hotel, but the breakfast is really really great. The major problem is the lack of free wifi.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you to share your feeling after your stay at the HILTON Strasbourg. We were happy to welcome you. You can easily reach the city center with the TRAM (at 200 m from the hotel), in 8 minutes and 3 stops.
And we have the pleasure to inform you that wifi is free in the Lobby, Club and Restaurant.

Fulham, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

But don't let that deter you from staying at the Hilton, public transport is only a 2 minute walk from the door and its only 3 stops (5 mins)and your in the city centre.
The staff are very welcoming and poilte, the restaurant is superb and the hotel bar atmosphere is relaxing...
The room was very clean and well maintained and the bed was very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Veronique_Kubler, PA to Katharina Schlaipfer, General Manager at Hilton Strasbourg, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic comment and for sharing this recent experience of our property.
All our team is looking forward to welcoming you again.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Internet was way too expensive (15 euros per day). It is outrageous that in a hotel that has a purpose to receive business guests the internet is not free or have a reasonable price. I paid more than I pay for 3 months of high-speed internet in my country in a 3 day stay. In Paris, which is much more expensive than Strasbourg, most hotels have free wi-fi. The hotel is far from the city center and most restaurants, so if you pass your day walking around the city and want to come back to the hotel for nap/shower before dinner you spend too much time. At least the tram is close (5 min walk)
I'd like to congratulate your employee Hassan, who works at the restaurant, for his kindness and attention to me and my wife. The overall satisfaction about this hotel was greatly in part because of Hassan's goodwill

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Veronique_Kubler, PA to Katharina Schlaipfer, General Manager at Hilton Strasbourg, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to post your feelings about the HILTON Strasbourg on this website. I hope that your stay was pleasant. We are at 3 stops from the city centre by the TRAM near the hotel, and it only takes 10 minutes. We have well noted your remark concerning internet access: for the moment wifi is free in our Executive Lounge, Restaurant, Bar and lobby, but not in the guestrooms, according our brand standards.
Thank you very much to nominate Hassan for his great attention to your needs.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Merseyside
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for a few days at this hotel. Clean rooms with large beds. Good meeting rooms.
Good location as train network close by. Strasbourg itself is beautiful and so much history, would like to go back with family for the Christmas markets

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Veronique_Kubler, PA to Katharina Schlaipfer, General Manager at Hilton Strasbourg, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for posting this nice comment about our hotel!
We are very pleased to learn that your business stay was pleasant.
We are looking forward to welcoming you for the Christmas market in December!
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 24, 2013

As an American, Hiltons are generally assumed to be reasonable if not hit or kiss by location. In this case, the hotel wasn't overwhelmingly beautiful or extraordinary in any way. But the rooms were pretty much what you would expect from a Hilton, good quality service, nice location, nice gym. But the usual complaints of Hilton still abound. No free wifi, overpriced food and drinks, slightly worn out common areas, clean but worn rooms, good service but with that insincere smile. Its a decent place that provides a good place to sleep and as all Hiltons, has a great club sandwich. But not amazing in any way.

Big recommendation: park in the lot across the street for free to make up for the overpriced nickel and diming you'll find on your bill when you check out.

Room Tip: Park across the street and save money