This being my first visit to a Hilton hotel with my family and not in connection to business travel, I was not sure what to expect. For me, Hilton hotels have always been tailored to the needs of a suit wearing businessman, used to living on the road and not carrying much more than cabin luggage. Traveling with my spouse and our 8 month old son, with a car packed to it's limits, this was to me quite far from what I could see Hilton being used to. I was soon to be proven very wrong.
To begin with the check in, I was instantly upgraded to the executive room, which was a pleasant gesture - although not to much use when traveling with a small child. The baby cot provided was quite large, solid and with a rather good mattress. Although it's size limited our possibilities of moving it around the room, our son seemed to sleep quite well in it. During the check-in, the receptionist called the staff to confirm, whether the cot was in place - nice touch by Isabelle, who acted very well and made us all three feel very welcome.
As mentioned before, we arrived with quite a lot of luggage, so as I unpacked the car, my spouse and son were shown to the room by Bob, who also brought the first few bags with him. Throughout our stay, he prove to be the best concierge who I have ever met. He was helpful with arranging anything from parking, to wine and wireless internet access. He might not have done more than what you could expect from a concierge at a hotel of this standard, but he was so personable and positive in his attitude, he made us feel almost like at home.
When you see the hotel from the outside, it seems to be very brown and dark, this also is the impression you get when walking through the corridors, but the room itself was quite bright and clean. The rooms might be some years old, but they are kept spotlessly clean and I couldn't put my finger on much when it comes to the cleanliness. We didn't have any worries letting our son play on the carpet.
Bathroom wasn't too big, and equipped with a bath-tub. As practical as it was for bathing a child, I missed a separate walk-in shower for a quick "rinse".
Selection in the breakfast buffet wasn't as large as I have experienced in other Hilton hotels, but it covers most of the basics. I missed a larger selection in the cold buffet, i.e. more fruits and vegetables. The service in the restaurant was flawless too, with especially Lati being very kind and enjoyed "chatting" with our son. Each morning all three of us looked forward to eating breakfast, partly thanks to her.
So in general, an experience above my expectations, where my prejudice of Hilton not being a family friendly hotel were confounded. This is a perfect place to stay if you, as we did, drive from Scandinavia to southern France.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the city centre, in the European institutions district and opposite the Congress Centre, the Hotel Hilton Strasbourg is well positioned for access to the city's extensive tram network. All rooms offer large windows with views over the Cathedral or the European Parliament building. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi. For your business travels, choose an Executive room and enjoy Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, drinks and snacks are served. Indulge with a seasonal and full of freshness cuisine at the restaurant of the hotel, H! Brasserie. Or enjoy a snack and cocktail created by the award-winning bar team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Strasbourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Strasbourg Hotel Strasbourg
- Hilton International Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Hilton International