“stop your whinging Micky”

Comfort Hotel Strasbourg Ouest
Ranked #17 of 131 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed December 29, 2012

As you know I stayed in your hotel for a week in June, and nothing Micky has to say vaguely resembles my experience
I have travelled the world since 1963 and I know a rotten hotel and this is not one of them
Micky, how about reconsidering your review on the basis of
1] the tariff you paid
2] friendliness and courtesy of the staff
3]the excellent and reasonably priced restaurant
4]outstanding tram,train and bus services approx 200 mtrs away
5]And what about the beautiful surroundings and the beatiful walk along side the River Ill. adjacent to the hotel

Micky, I have stayed in many hotels around Uk and I wouldn't hesitate to say this hotel was well ahead of most of them and about half the price

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank terence321

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Hotel in Strasbourg as an overnight stop on a long drive. We chose the hotel because it was close to the highway, included free parking, and was extremely affordable. It did meet all these requirements, and the desk staff did speak excellent English. It is also within walking distance of downtown Strasbourg. However, the rooms are very, very small - this was the first room in Europe where we almost could not get the baby travel cot set-up. Finally, our room was not particularly clean; the coffee cups were dirty and the bathroom smelled bad. Overall, I was glad we were staying only one night but as a stopover (and especially for the price), it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jswhtravel
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having booked a few weeks in advance, not only was it the only hotel in Strasbourg that I could find under €150 a night, but I booked at half the advertised rate through laterooms and we paid €46 a night, but €9.50 for breakfast (which was a bit steep as the only hot items were eggs.)
The rooms were small but very clean, quiet and had good facilities. (Good WiFi)
The bathroom was a little cramped and if you have anything other than the body of a racing snake then you need to slide the shower door back when you are sat on the loo. But these are small considerations and overall the staff were friendly and helpful and we (two of us in a room each on business) were very pleased with the hotel. We ate in the attached restaurant one night and the food was good, both local and international and not over-priced. We were surprised to see how quickly the restaurant filled up seating around 50 in the evenings.
A pleasant stay, recommended.

Room Tip: It's quiet enough I don't know where a previous guest got the idea it was next to a motorway...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Towards the hotel there can be no complaints. It looks - both outside and inside - very impressive. I liked also the aged receptionist, very sociable and willing to help guests and provide them with information about the city and the region. Sometimes without their special requests. I haven't asked him to tell me about Haut-Koenigsbourg castle or front altars ​​in some local churches. However, he's made it without unpleasant compulsion.
The main and to my mind very serious drawback of the hotel is its location. It is not so far from old city center, but in order to find it, you need to strain seriously. You have to walk under bridges and railroad overpasses, make not obvious pivots. Everything there is confused and heaped up.
Nevertheless, in the morning your task is much more easier. You should walk along the river and reach Saint-Marguerite bridge to enter the historic center of the city, it's not difficult. But going back you should look for this road, others are not so obvious. Or the tram B, whose stop isn't far from the hotel. I remember how, coming back from Oberne by bus, I suddenly saw the hotel building. But the bus went down a little further (the driver could not stop there), and I spent almost half an hour searching my hotel.
But in comparison with the hotels in the center it is significantly cheaper

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gentbrugg
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Room stunk of smoke. So bad that all our clothes ended up smelling of it when we left, It was in the carpets, the bedsheets, everywhere. Couldnt open window cos next to busy motorway. Was stains on the walls and shower head was loose. I told them about this in the morning and asked if they could do anything to rectify this. The man Answered whilst handing me the Bill "No Sorry, Everybody Smokes!"

Room Tip: One that doesnt stink of smoke
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Micky1984Manchester
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at 10pm for an overnight stop after a trying journey from Italy. The staff were helpful and friendly and we were able to have a good dinner, with excellent wine at that time of night. the bedroom was comfortable and clean and had tea and coffee facilities. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cheap and good hotel.
Clean and easy to get there.

If you have time, why don't you walk along the river?
It's more slient, romantic than the city center.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple