Having experienced a less than delightful stay at another Best Western, I generally cannot rate this hotel chain higher than a "basic" hotel with unexciting decor, furniture and service. However, THIS Monopole Metropole outfit outdid such expectations and we had a very pleasant 2 night's stay in a charming room that retained its history with heavy furniture (huge armoire), panelled walls and even a marble low table with accompanying rococco chairs.
Even located right above the hotel entrance, we did not experience loud, disturbing noises from the street (see the exterior photo of the hotel : the room is above the front doors). Bed was comfortable and linen was as new. Heating was sufficient and in the event you arrive in summer, there is an individual Airconditioner in the room of a respectable brand (Daikin - same as the one we have at home!).
Bathroom had been renovated with latest bathtub & shower amenities, and the toilet was in its own room next to it. Cannot complain. Everything worked properly like new and was totally clean. Fluffy large towels too! Enjoyed a nice warm bath after a rainy afternoon in town.
Breakfast room is in a country-style with seating that reflects that. The Breakfast spread is not spectacular - the usual coffee/tea/juice + a selection of bread/pastries with cheeses and a small egg&sausage corner for warm food. Quality was very standard and pedestrian. BUT that is why you should save your appetite for Le Petit France which is not far at all from this hotel. 10min leisurely stroll should get you there.
Location-wise, this is good for those arriving by train to the Gare (5 min walk) but we had to park our car in a garage that is about 7min brisk walk away from the hotel (as it has very very limited parking spots). Finding the hotel by car was a merry-go-round exercise though!
Service was smilingly efficient by a young lady at Front Desk - who even offered to book a table for us at a certain restaurant, upon our request - but I cannot say the same for another Older/Matured woman staffing the phone who sounded like an old grumpy sargent major. My poor husband was treated to a "I don't speak English" response when he called the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Monopole Metropole, close to the TGV train station and the old town La Petite France, is one of the most historical of Strasbourg. Discover the charms of the lounges with antiques and paintings of famous Alsatian artists and visit the collections featured in the "little museum" at the lobby. The rooms, traditionally furbished or contemporary styled are all non smoking and air conditioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Monopole Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Monopole Metropole Hotel Strasbourg
- Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
- Best Western Strasbourg
- Strasbourg Best Western