“nice hotel with great location”

Best Western Plus Monopole Metropole
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Strasbourg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We spent two nights at the hotel.The location is great and at twenty minutes walking distance from all the main touristic attractions .The staff is extremely kind and helpful. We slept in the deluxe room that was comfortable,well equiped with all needed facilities,clean.Breakfast was tasty with a wide choice of products.Regretfully, a major problem we faced was a persistent annoying noise at night coming from some working machinery(we didn't manage to identify the exact origin). An important detail is that the hotel has a private parking. Overall a very nice hotel except from the specific noise problem that disturbed in our room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJTRlz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights during a business event in Strasbourg. Strasbourg is a stunning small city in the middle of Europe. This hotel is located very close to the main tourist attractions and you can easily walk and sightsee the entire Strasbourg in 2 hours.

The hotel looks western style on the outside. The reception and lobby is very well decorated. Guest rooms are looking more modern. The rooms could be considered as small. But the bathrooms are quite big. The furnitures are very well maintained.

Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I had to laugh at one of the more recent nutty reports. I mean some people. Get a life and suggest you dont bother posting or travelling in the future.....Look this is a good three star hotel slightly outside of the main tourist area. But unless you are lazy it only takes ten/fifteen minutes or so to get to most places. Clean and tidy rooms with all you would expect. Very helpful Reservations staff on both shifts. Handy hotel car park douze euros a bargain. Only negative was that the breakfast was a bit of a bun fight with some items running out. But nothing to have a real moan at.... All in all very good value when booked on early bird rate and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you have luggage, and you use the train to come and to leave, and you also take day trips from the station, just like what I did, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is just a 5 minute walk from station, and a comfortable walk to the the tourist sites. Strasbourg is a small city, and it took us about 5-10 minutes to the closet sites, and another 5-10 for those further south, with the farthest ones in less than half an hour in total. The room is nicely furnished for a 3-star level. I spent most of my day out, so I found the room adequately big for a take-away supper, and a good night's sleep. Good value for money with the 70 euros I paid for a day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor, and further down the corridor, away from the elevator. I am a light...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley Y
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights from 15th August to have a short break in Strasbourg to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We arrived about 6pm and as it was a Public Holiday, with most restaurants closed, asked at reception for suggestions for an evening meal. We were asked how far we wished to walk and then given suggestions based on our answer. We had an excellent meal and also, on our return to the hotel, were given suggestions for sight seeing for the remainder of our stay.
All of this information was delivered in excellent English thus not testing my limited French. The staff on reception were very efficient and always friendly.
Our room was smallish (typical European) but clean and with a very good bed, air conditioning and excellent shower facilities and toiletries.
Breakfast was a buffet with an excellent choice of both hot & cold food and was frequently replenished.
Overall an excellent stay and a very good base for exploring as all the main tourist destinations were within easy walking distance, Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan E
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and I chose this Hotel because of the reviews. Well let me start with some facts. I reserved the room with my credit card. The currency conversion rate was .7822 to the dollar. This Hotel gave me a rate of .60 This means the stay would have cost me $59.00 extra dollars if I had not brought euros with me. The family room was 150 euros. The size of the room was standard, if I left the kids at home. Very very small rooms, tiny elevators(6 people max. if all weighed less the 75 pounds). The elevator is slow and I thought I was going to fall to the bottom because it sounded like it needed maintenance. Breakfast was cold cuts, fruit, bread, cereal, more bread, and eggs.
The staff was very helpful, I could have used less help for the convenience of being closer to the center (the boat ride and the cathedral we approx. 25 min. walk. There are other Hotels that are much closer than this. If you have children, please consider that there is a lot of walking. Then you must walk back.
I have had the pleasure of looking at the rooms for couples. They were nicer that any family room here. I will go back to France, but will not stay here. Please BYPASS this one.
P.S. dust bunnies everywhere. When I closed the chair bed for my grandson, the floor was full of dust. Not clean by anyone's standard. Room facing Main Street NOISY at 1:00a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Do not know how others rated it so highly. Well fooled me once.

Room Tip: If you can not see the entire room, with an updated photo. There's a reason why?
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jackie C
verosiegel, Propriétaire at Best Western Plus Monopole Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Mrs Choice,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +33(0)3 88 14 39 14.

Veronique Siegel
CEO

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is an ideal hotel for tourist visit to Strasbourg. It is near the station,conveniently situated for all the sites,very helpful and pleasant staff,very adequate accomodation and a complementary breakfast. We were stuck for a restaurant for our final night and were recommended a gem - 'L'Alsaca a table' by one of the reception staff. You will not go wrong staying here

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple