All reviews spiral staircase cycling tour short walk family room small hotel quiet street old town petite france excellent location free wifi upgraded room common areas within walking distance modern bathroom business trip visiting strasbourg stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Excellent service , very warning staff and available for all your requests. They even contact me back and send me somme personnal stuff that I unfortunately forgot in the hotel room . The location is very close to downtown and the river and accesible with the tram .

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
EvaM5091, Directrice at Hotel du Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear Luna,

Thank you so much for that encouraging message !
We enjoy reading your satisfaction about us and our hotel !
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, for a business trip or even for leisure !

Reviewed April 26, 2019

The room was fantastic - standard double. Spacious, well laid out. Bed was comfy. Bathroom great. Hot water kettle in room with coffee/tea. Very close to the old french quarter and within walking distance to all. I am a bicycle tourist so I was thrilled that they had a separate, locked room just for bikes. There was a lift, which is always great when you have to unpack your bike every night and schlep everything into the room. Plenty of sockets to charge all my gadgets for the next days journey. Staff were over-the-moon helpful and even helped me unload the bike! Breakfast was fantastic. Was very happy with my choice here in Strasbourg. The only down side: The internet sucked. Which was very unfortunate because I needed to re-plan a route but the signal was so weak, in the room and in the lobby, that I simply gave up. Maybe just a bad internet day :-(

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
EvaM5091, Directrice at Hotel du Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Renee,

Thank you for taking time to let a message about your experience by us on Booking.com (and in other websites).
We are really pleased to learn that you have felt really comfortable by us.
We are sorry for the internet slowness. We are waiting for the Fiber, which is the only way for us to get a fast connexion.
We wish you a nice bicycle tour !
We look forward to welcoming you for a next stay !
Best regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were on our annual bike trip, last September, and were lucky enough to stumble upon this gem! The location is perfect. Close to everything, but tucked away in a quiet corner. The breakfast is great, and the rooms are really comfortable. But, the best feature of all, is the staff. Each and every one of them go above and beyond! I travel internationally for a living, and I rarely find someplace where they make you feel so comfortable and cared for!
That’s why, when we planned to return to Strasbourg this month, we couldn’t wait to return to the Hotel Dragon. It’s a small hotel, but overflowing with charm and hospitality. If you are looking for an impersonal hotel with overrated status, don’t stay here. If you are looking for a super comfortable hotel, with a great breakfast and a better than 5 star staff, then, this is your place!!
For me, this is my “Strasbourg Home!”

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EvaM5091, Directrice at Hotel du Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Oh, thank you so much for that really kind post on Tripadvisor.
Our team is very touched !!
Make you feel good and enjoy your stay is our priority ! We are really happy to read that you have felt comfortable with us, in our house.

We will be so happy to see you again next time ! We will always be there to make you feel at home !

The Dragon team

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at hotel Du Dragon 3 nights. “Un petit hotel 4 etoiles” convenientely located near the river, 5 minutes walk from the Cathedral. My accommodation was in a comfortable Superior Room of modern design. Breakfast is served in a cosy ambiance with a very good level of food and choice. Morover, the personnel at the Reception is young, kind, professional and welcoming.
Free WI-FI not perfectly working.
Public parking is at 10 minutes walk. I always parked in front of the hotel (free of charge on sunday and festivity, otherwise very expensive beeing in the heart of the city)
No-use to say that we enjoyed our stay and I strongly recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
EvaM5091, Directrice at Hotel du Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your excellent note and for your nice message.
We will be very happy to see you again at Hotel du Dragon.
Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2018

This Hotel is a little Gem!! Tucked up on a back street but very close to the city and all its sights. Great for the Xmas market. We arrived late and was given room 307. This room is very small with little room to move around the bed. Ok for one person or perhaps one night. We were staying for five nights and it was not going to work.
The next morning we approached the reception and asked if we could have a bigger room. The staff where lovely and immediately offered us a choice of two larger rooms. We accepted room 210. This was large and very nice.
The Hotel is exceptionally clean and well decorated. The breakfast was very nice with a good selection including organic and bio food. Daily papers in English and French where provided.
There is a lift in the hotel but it only serves one side of the Hotel. The other side is served by steep stairs not a problem if your able bodied. If your not you will need to mention when booking.
I would like to mention the maids and reception staff who where lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them.
There are plenty of eating places within 5-10 minute walk of the hotel which does not have its own restaurant.
For the English guests the tv has BBC1, BBC2 and CBEbies on satellite.
People have mentioned the WiFi which is not as good as it could be but don’t let that put you off. It seemed worse first thing in the morning. Go into Starbucks to catch up with the world around you.
I would defiantly go back again if visiting Strasbourg

Room tip: Ask ahead for a room not On the third floor as this is the roof space
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EvaM5091, Directrice at Hotel du Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2018

Dear guests,

What a pleasant message !
Thank you very much for all the details provided.
This is really encouraging our team, thank you for taking your time to share your experience by us with the Tripadvisor community.
We will happy to see you again at hôtel du Dragon.

Manager