Mercure Strasbourg Centre
$116
$90
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstop floorgreat locationbreakfast roomtea making facilitiesplace klebervin chaudhomme de ferold towna couple of minutes walkchristmas marketeu parliamentcomfortable roomseasy walking distancerailway stationunderground parkingpublic transportla petite france
Reviewed August 6, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel has large well furnished rooms and has a good centre city location. It is however difficult to find, especially as one of the streets leading to it is currently blocked. Thee are many one way streets in the area. The cathedral and many old town attractions are in easy walking distance. Free breakfast was available to us as over 60s--- a nice surpise as I wouldn't have paid 16.50 euros. I would stay there again, especially now I know how to get there!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We did travel from Provance snd stopped for a day in Strasbourg. Travveling with kids Mercure was a safe choice. Reasonably priced with perfect location. It is within 5 min walk from place Kleberg, cathedral or Petit France. Room are simple with two single beds connected. Bathroom and rooms are clean and spacious enough for two guests. Small 15 inch TV could be a dissapointment but we didn't came to watch TV. It is good value for money comparing to opposite Sofitel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very good hotel ,centrally located in Strasbourg.Very good service.Nice,well presented breakfast served on top floor with some views over Strasbourg.Currently some building work going on nearby but noise was not too bad.I would stay there again-next time I am in Strasbourg.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank aussidad
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have just returned from 2 nights at this hotel. I have stayed in Strasbourg before but never in this hotel. However, on this occasion I was unable to find a room in anything more reasonably priced. Given the fact that it cost 220 euros per night and its 4 star rating, I was expecting something a bit more luxurious and less functional than I found. It is situated very conveniently to Homme de Fer tram station but, due to long standing building works at Printemps store, the street is closed at the tram stop end and you have to walk to the next connecting street. We had very heavy luggage and I feel that the hotel could have advisd potential guests of the inconvenience caused by this building work.
The room itself was funcional furniture-wise, preformed plastic bedside tables, stool and armchair. The bed, however was large,comfortable with good quality bedding. There was a mini bar which I didn't use, but only plastic disposable beakers were provided to drink from. I think that a hotel charging this amount should at least provide proper glasses for their guests.
The bathroom was larger than normal but I would have preferred a shower as I have problems stepping in and out of a high sided bath. However, the over bath shower was hot and powerful. On the other hand the towels were almost unbelievably thin and worn, I wouldn't have had them in my own home.
Like some other reviewers, I found the room overly warm and stuffy even with the air conditioning at its coolest level so I had to open the window and put up with the noise from the street outside to be able to breathe properly during the night.
Breakfast at 16,50 euros is served on the 7th floor which has a lovely view over the cathedral. There is a buffett with all the usual expected things to eat. It was ok but certainly no better and much more more expensive than the equilivent breakbast at the nearby Ibis hotels.
On the plus side, was its central location, just a stroll from Place Kleber and the shopping.
My stay at this Mercure has reinforced my belief that there can be very little difference in quality but a huge and, in my opinion, unjustified difference in price between 3 and 4 star hotels especially in cities and personally I don't think this hotel is worth the high cost.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family