All reviewspretzelsfree beerconvenient locationhotel garagean ironunderground parkingtwo nightsbreakfast roomon footold townfrancecarpetcitycentrestationsessionbedside
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room - suite with a big balcony overlooking the road. The decoration is quite bizarre - very dated (does not look like the images online!) with masculine brown colour scheme. Our room was very tired though.
Good breakfast - you can load up on free coffee and other bits and nice touch was free beer and pretzels on the night we were there.
CAR PARKIING IS LIMITED SO BOOK IN ADVANCE

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2017

I don’t want to talk about the perfect room, the breakfast (absolutely delicious ( best chocolate croissants ever!) , the very convenient location and last but not least the affordable price !
I want to talk about the “extra mile” , the professionalism of its wonderful personnel :here goes my story :
One day after I left the hotel ( January this year) , being in Germany , I realized that I forgot in my room a very dear cashmere sweater and a book .
I called the hotel and asked if my belongings have been found .
They did found them and at my request they were sent to Germany , at my brother address.
But the parcel didn’t make it : was a mistake of the shipping company .
The hotel personnel found the parcel and re-send it - this time it arrived .
All of this at the hotel's time, diligence and energy !
I cannot find words to express my gratitude for their help and for them going “the extra mile” to return my things .

Roxana
Houston TX USA

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank argesrox
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De France, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Dear Guest,

Small attentions are very important for us and we thank you to leave this nice review.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel for a next stay in Strasbourg!

Assistant Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Two nights here and it was the second time, the first two years ago. But this time a big improvement. Rooms refurbished, happy hour of beers and bretzels and the happiest most positive staff I have seen in a hotel for sometime! Now I know this could be a one off but the mood was consistent. Great check in and out, restaurant staff all abuzz, and concierge went above and beyond at every request.
An absolute pleasure and thanks to the team for making this stay a real delight.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2017

This hotel is conveniently located, just on the northern edge of the centre of historic Strasbourg. A very manageable 10 minute walk from the rail station, and just a few minutes stroll everywhere else, the location is very good. It's on a small, old street, overlooking an old town square. There a little street noise in the morning but overall was peaceful.

We were upgraded to a large room, that was indeed quite large with tons of room for our bags. The hotel is a bit aged but clean, and the fridge and the safe in the room were convenient. The bed was decently comfortable, though not the best place we stayed at.

There's complementary coffee in the lobby and though we didn't time it right to take advantage, there are free beer and pretzels in the lobby every evening!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De France, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Dear Jessba,

Thank very much to take time to leave us your nice feedback about your recent stay in our hotel. You give somme good tips for our next guests.

We hope to see you soon in Strasbourg.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2016

We found the hotels in Strasbourg at Christmas time to be ridiculously expensive, so my group of four made do with this hotel, since it was a cheaper option. It was nice that we had a balcony, the staff was friendly, the room was large, and the bathroom was very nice, but the rooms themselves could use a redo. The carpet, I think, was permanently stained dirty and could use replaced and the beds needed the mattresses replaced years ago. They tried to at least make them comfortable with a topper, but they're a little far gone for that.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De France, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Dear Cara L,

Thank you for this review about your stay.
We will use it to progress even further and to be able to provide you a good service in the future.

We hope to welcome you again in Strasbourg.

Assitant Manager