“Delightful and elegant”

Neighborhood: Mairie Sud
Launceston, Australia
“Delightful and elegant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had breakfast upstairs in this delightful and elegant tearoom. It was peaceful even though it's in the heart of the busy tourist precinct. The décor is opulent, but not overwhelming. The food was delicious and the coffee of excellent quality. It seems a place where a person could feel comfortable breakfasting alone.

• Visited June 2012

• Turkish first
Malaga, Spain
“Exquisite patisserie but the service doesn't match it.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've bought patisserie from Christian several time to take away, & it's always been fantastic, though pricey! I've been a couple of times for tea/hot chocolate/patisserie in their restaurant above the shop.

The decor is quite opulent and I suppose trying to create a luxurious feel but is not really to my taste. Their tea is excellent & they have a good range of hot chocolates.

Visiting during the Christmas market season with my sister we decided to stop off for hot chocolate & cake. We had to wait a very long time to be seated, but I suppose that was to be expected, the trouble was they ignored us for a good while rather than acknowledging we were waiting & being pleasant about it. When we were finally seated we had to share a table with another group.

The hot chocolate is great, it arrives in a little jug & you pour it out yourself, so it feels like a 'hot chocolate experience'. The pastries/mousses/cakes are very tasty! However the service does leave a fair bit to be desired.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank SWtravelling
Sunnyvale, California
“Not worth the reputation”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We went to this patisserie based on local recommendations, to buy traditional kugelhoff and other pastries. Service was really messy, in the way it is setup,and the staff not very caring. pastries were quite expensive, and not that original nor creative.
If you run into that place, why not, but not worth a detour...

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank fpinchon
London, United Kingdom
“Much Ado About Nothing”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

A lot of nice things are offered, but the atmosphere was a little "heavy" for my taste, and the service was annoying- it's like the employees are in a hurry to get things over with. Don't get me wrong, i don't expect much, but a smile and a gentle attitude is not much to ask for, plus I don't like it when someone takes my plate when i haven't finished eating...

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Lena_L0nd0n
Strasbourg, France
“Déception”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

L'adresse incontournable de Strasbourg a beaucoup baissé en qualité.
Cela reste honorable, mais plus exceptionnel.

1 Thank voyageenduo