“Nice, modern service apartment”

Lagrange City Aparthotel Strasbourg Wilson
Reviewed June 3, 2012

A modern service apartmentsituated near to the train station and a multi-story carpark (for drivers), so it is a good option for travellers who are driving as I found it rather difficult finding places for parking in Strasbourg city itself. From the hotel it is another 10-15 min walk to the city centre.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which came with a well equipped kitchen, separate baths and toilet, a bedroom with 2 single bed and a double sofa bed in the living room (which was surprisingly comfortable).

Would definitely recommend for long stays. offers good value and lots of space.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We arrived for 2 days in Strasbourg. We were booked at a hotel and when we got there, it was so smelly and dirty and the receptionist didn't really tried to help us, we decided to leave (took their key with, otherwise they take my money and someone else, we did deliver the key back the day we left). Then we found this great place and the lady at reception was so friendly! It was a Sunday night and she tried to order us some food, but all the places were already closed. When her friend brought her pizza she even offered as some! The rooms are very nice and modern decorated. The rooms are huge, clean! The hotel is not so centrally located but if you need to get on the train, this hotel is a must. You can still walk where ever you want to be.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel is rather new and the rooms in general nice, modern an clean. If you get a good price, it is worth staying, especially if you are aware that the hotel standard in France is not always that great.
The hotel has a private parking and small pool/gym. The staff is nice and even speaks good English. And the best: the hotel is just a short walk from the city center (about 500m).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

A perfect solution while visit Strasbourg and the wine rout. The hotel situated next to the highway exit, 3 minute walk from “Les Halls” mall & 15 Min. walk to the center of the old city.
The room is big, quiet & got a kitchen. You can get your breakfast ingredients at the Supermarket & prepare your own breakfast. They charge €10 a day for parking, so you can live the car while waking to the city or make your day trip and come back in the evening with an easy approach from the highway.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rami F
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is clearly a personal view of the hotel which I should make clear from the start. My priorities when booking a hotel - apart from price - are the availability of free internet in the room and a fitness room. Unfortunately, this hotel falls severely short on both these important counts (for me).
First, the hotel staff failed to get my laptop to connect to the internet despite trying the modems in two other rooms apart from my own. I can't fault the efforts on this score, but I had previously left my complaint for a technical support man to sort out, but no-one seemed to know what he had actually done while I was out for the day blithely assuming my problem was being solved.
Second, hotel "fitness rooms" are generally poor but unfortunately this was worse than most. Three rather basic, fragile exercise devices (bike, stepper and rowing machine) and an incredibly hot area due to the sauna next door. I just wish these hotels would just invest a few extra quid (or euros) in perhaps a mat and sit-up frame; and a few dumbbells. This would have given much better variety at minimal cost.
I was also disappointed at the lack of an English-speaking news channel (BBC or CNN) with the only English being something called "BBC Entertainment", which seems to consist of all the shows I try to avoid in the UK. Actually, after I turned on the subtitles I could keep up with most of the French programmes. (My understanding of conversation is poor, but reading French is quite good.)
The hotel is conveniently situated near the city and rail station and I happily walked everywhere. The tram service looked efficient but made for rather noisy early mornings on weekdays.
Finally, I would say that despite all this the hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful.
But for my key requirements being missed so badly I can only give one star.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank johnrath
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I canceled my reservation with a months notice. The hotel neglected to cancel it, or notify me, then charged me and now will no longer communicate or reimburse the fraudulent charge.

Poor customer service.

BE CAREFUL!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The Lagrange is absolutely fine for a stop-off in Strasbourg - easy access from the motorway (tip: follow bus route number 2) and the Gare Centrale (Woldi) multi-storey car park next door was only 5 euros for overnight parking, with the hotel discount. 15-minute walk into central Strasbourg, which is fantastic to wander around. Didn't try any of the hotel facilities or meals, just used it for a quick overnight, very happy with it. Family room like a small flat.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family