“An enjoyable stay”

Hotel Cour du Corbeau Strasbourg - MGallery Collection
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Strasbourg
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent a night in the hotel based on some of the feedback we'd read. It's a very nice place with lots of attention to detail, and the porter as well as the people at the reception did an outstanding job. Good location, and easily accessible even though we came by car and the street is closed for general traffic (they can open a special gate). So overall definitely a place I'd come back to. Not cheap but definitely worth it if you're looking for something a bit special and romantic. The one odd thing was the service at breakfast. Maybe we'd just caught them on a bad day but it really took ages to get served and the personnel was chatting away while quite aware of us. All we would have liked to do is order a coffee. Still, on balance it was a really nice place.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cleger

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Walking into this hidden gem is like walking into a little oasis of tranquilty.

The hotel is well situated just a short walk from Strasbourg Cathedral, and from a plethora of restaurants and shops. The hotel is also close to the local tram lines to connect you to other parts of the city and to the main train station.

When you walk into the hotel the reception is rather compact, which made me fear a little for the size of the rooms, but when we got to our room it was not a small room, it was a good size with a large bathroom with a bath and shower.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant on the ground floor and offerred a typical continental breakfast as well as some cooked breakfast options in a lovely little breakfast served in the restaurant on the ground floor.

OK so the rooms are very nice, as are the staff but the real star of the show of the building it's a beautiful building and only the pictures of the place can do it justice.

Great place, very relaxing a great place to spend time whilst you're in Strasbourg.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a1_hotel_rater
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I agree with all of the positive comments in previous reviews. This hotel has it all: great position in town, historic charm in its own right, stylish, new decor, spotless rooms, great breakfast selection, efficient staff who aren't too interfering. We appreciated being given a room upgrade on arrival thanks to our Accor Club card. Would definitely stay here again. We rested well here and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a superb hotel set in a historical, renovated building. It had an old world, elegant, but not stuffy charm. Our family of 3 was very comfortable in a room that had a bed downstairs, and a bed upstairs, with two bathrooms. It was very conveniently located and we could easily walk around to interesting sites. We decided to splurge by getting for the breakfast, and it was an incredible breakfast buffet--worth the money. Highly recommended. We will stay here again if we are ever in Strasbourg.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights.

We were given a very spacious room with nice view.

Pros:
- Great location
Easy walk from the hotel to most sights. Close to tram stop.

- Yummy breakfast and amazing staff at the restuarant

- Clean and charming hotel

- Friendly hotel staff (except for one unhappy encounter)

Cons:
- Most of the hotel staff were polite, friendly and helpful. I guess it very much depends on who you are dealing with.

We wanted to book a reservation for lunch at one of the very popular restuarant. I called the reception to request for help with the reservation. After waiting for quite some time, we didn't get any reply. Thus, we decided to check the status of our reservation in person at the reception. Then we were told that the reservation was full. She could have called us to let us know.

By then it was already pretty late and we didn't want to miss our lunch. So, we took the recommendation of this lady staff to dine in a restaurant nearby. We requested her to make a reservation before walking over. But she said reservation is not required. My partner insisted on the reservation and she reluctantly helped us.

When we were at the restuarant, it was almost full. They wanted to turn us away. Luckily, we had a reservation and we were quickly seated.

This incident aside, we had a wonderful stay. We always look forward to going back to our cosy and comfortable hotel room after our sight seeing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I rate everything about this hotel in superlatives. It has the best of everything: beautifully appointed room with a view of the the courtyard featuring window boxes full of typical Alsacian red flowers, immaculate room and bathroom with all amenities, professional, helpful, cheerful staff, 24/7 room service, complimentary wi-fi and a super comfortable bed where you will sleep peacefully. The Cathedral chimes add a certain charm to this hotel in the city famous for its grand gothic Cathedrale Notre Dame de Strasbourg. I stayed in a junior suite with floor to ceiling windows and drank my morning café au lait sitting on the window seat looking out on the historic courtyard. Your stay at Cour du Corbeau will enhance your visit to Strasbourg.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Valorie P
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is a Must ! From my arrival to after my departure , everything was exceptionnal. When I arrived I have been very impressed by the place and team's kindest . I needed to buy flowers, they advised me perfectly. The breakfast is delicious with huge range of amazing breads. Please taste also les Chaussons aux pommes, same than the one I used to eat when I was child.Very good room , spacious...After my departure I noticed I did a mistake not giving correct information for the billing, they sent me right away a new one .Going to Strasbourg without staying at la Cour du Corbeau is already a mistake ... I would say "bad luck for you "

Room Tip: Choose the one with court view, calm and typical