“Wonderful Meal, Absolutely terrific personal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kobus - CLOSED

Kobus
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Petite France Centre
Basel, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Meal, Absolutely terrific personal service”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was a truly memorable meal. The food was absolutely outstanding - delicate, flavourful and nicely plated. The owner helped us by translating the menu and specials in English, and took time with us to talk through wines even though the restaurant was humming.
All in all this was a lovely experience and delicious meal at an great value.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Whitney_h-s_nyc

• Greek first
San Francisco Bay Area
“charming little restaurant with well-prepared food”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I really like this small and charming place. Personal service and thoughtfully prepared food. Its nitche is fresh ingredients from the local markets. The composition is interesting and the prices are reasonable given the quality. (25 Euros per entre).

The restaurant is informal with great food. Just what I want on vacation.

• Visited January 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Never to return again.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had a dinner on the New Year's Eve there and I had booked a table well in advance and paid eur 200 deposit to secure it. The service and atmosphere was ok, in general. What we totally did not like was the food; and both of us had exactly the same opinion about each of the dishes. If I am not mistaken, there were six or seven of them in the special New Year's Eve tasting menu, which was the only menu available to guests. Neither of us liked any of the dishes - not sure what happened to the chef at this restaurant, but the food simply lacked taste. The soup was so salty, we couldn't even finish it. The main course was chicken breast with a crab, and although the crab meat was more-or-less ok, the chicken came half rare and mine even had blood in it. The desert was something I couldn’t eat as there was too much rum in it. Overall, we paid around eur 280 for the dinner (wine included) and hoped to have a good meal, but we left completely disappointed. Never to return again.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Anton N
Houston, Texas
“Glad we stumbled into this restaurant”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Visited Strausburg France on my yearly trek to Europe. We were looking for an authentic French restaurant for lunch. Got lost finding the one which was recommended so stumbled into this one. So glad we did. Cute place. Very friendly host who turned out to be the owner. Second bonus - English speaking. I had one of the daily specials which was a veal dish - delicious - and it came with a glass of wine. The wine was so good we ended up ordering a bottle of it. My friend had the monkfish which was also very yummy.

Definitely recommend this place and will go back if ever in the area again. If I'm ever lucky enough to make it back, I'll be bringing the owner a cowboy hat!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dawn M
Paris, France
“Our best meal in Strasbourg”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I went here in May 2013. Kobus serves haute French cuisine. It does not serve typical heavy fare from the region and this was a plus as far as we were concerned because much of the food in Strasbourg is too heavy for our palate. Kobus caters to a more refined taste and provides food which is lighter than which is served in restaurants serving Alsatian cuisine in Strasbourg. We had a great lunch and the service was excellent. I would venture to say that this was the best meal had during our 3 day stay to Strasbourg. Go here for a lighter meal!

• Visited May 2013