“charming little restaurant with well-prepared food”
Review of Kobus - CLOSED

Kobus
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Petite France Centre
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I really like this small and charming place. Personal service and thoughtfully prepared food. Its nitche is fresh ingredients from the local markets. The composition is interesting and the prices are reasonable given the quality. (25 Euros per entre).

The restaurant is informal with great food. Just what I want on vacation.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I had a dinner on the New Year's Eve there and I had booked a table well in advance and paid eur 200 deposit to secure it. The service and atmosphere was ok, in general. What we totally did not like was the food; and both of us had exactly the same opinion about each of the dishes. If I am not mistaken, there were six or seven of them in the special New Year's Eve tasting menu, which was the only menu available to guests. Neither of us liked any of the dishes - not sure what happened to the chef at this restaurant, but the food simply lacked taste. The soup was so salty, we couldn't even finish it. The main course was chicken breast with a crab, and although the crab meat was more-or-less ok, the chicken came half rare and mine even had blood in it. The desert was something I couldn’t eat as there was too much rum in it. Overall, we paid around eur 280 for the dinner (wine included) and hoped to have a good meal, but we left completely disappointed. Never to return again.

4  Thank Anton N
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Visited Strausburg France on my yearly trek to Europe. We were looking for an authentic French restaurant for lunch. Got lost finding the one which was recommended so stumbled into this one. So glad we did. Cute place. Very friendly host who turned out to be the owner. Second bonus - English speaking. I had one of the daily specials which was a veal dish - delicious - and it came with a glass of wine. The wine was so good we ended up ordering a bottle of it. My friend had the monkfish which was also very yummy.

Definitely recommend this place and will go back if ever in the area again. If I'm ever lucky enough to make it back, I'll be bringing the owner a cowboy hat!

1  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I went here in May 2013. Kobus serves haute French cuisine. It does not serve typical heavy fare from the region and this was a plus as far as we were concerned because much of the food in Strasbourg is too heavy for our palate. Kobus caters to a more refined taste and provides food which is lighter than which is served in restaurants serving Alsatian cuisine in Strasbourg. We had a great lunch and the service was excellent. I would venture to say that this was the best meal had during our 3 day stay to Strasbourg. Go here for a lighter meal!

1  Thank EuropeanFoodie
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were warmly greeted with a choice of tables. The decor is simple and modern. They spoke excellent English and they were happy to explain the dishes to us. They also helped us choose a delicious local wine to start off the night. My husband and I enjoyed the 40 euro/per person deal that same with an appetizer, main course and dessert. They started us off with a cauliflower soup amuse bouche and then had the delicious foie gras. My husband had the duck breast while I feasted on the moules drenched in a leek and creme sauce. The desserts were equally delicious! The service was fantastic and food was extremely tasty. I did not feel awkward as a non-french speaker. Would go again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank adarwarren