“Such a shame”

Thu, 7/18
8:00 PM
Ranked #293 of 1,716 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

I looked forward to eating here as it seemed interesting but....
Service was borderline rude. The servers took aloofness and general apathy to an incredulous level.
The food was very poor.
It takes much to make me write a bad review as I am a chef and restaurant proffessional and know these reviews hurt but Stay clear of this place if you dont want overpriced mediocrity delivered with bad manners.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

this restaurant is just horrible and persons who work there are not very sympatical
don’t eat there!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We loved the bastardo. They do great stuff such as fried calamari on top of a beautiful tomato tapenade. And gnocchi with stewed beef and gravy.
Lovely service. Bit pricey but worth it. We'll be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

I went there on wednesday evening and the restaurant was only half booked. Despite this it took them 10 minutes to bring the menu card. Finally we took a menu and a single dish. Portions are quite small and therefore much too expensive. Service is frenchily relaxed and nice but slow with very young staff. Red Wine was good but more expensive than on the menu. Dessert is slightly changed but not corrected on the menu.
The atmosphere is cozy and nice with well chosen interior details. You feel more like in a lounge than in a Restaurant.
Given the high choice of excellent restaurants in the city centre I would not go there again.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend after reading some mixed reviews but thought it looked nice enough so we'd give it a try. Unfortunately I was fairly disappointed because as others have mentioned it is pretty expensive for what you get, and you can get better Italian food for a lot cheaper here in Strasbourg. On top of that one of the waitresses was so rude with us - running away while we were in the middle of ordering, making weird comments about the fact we didn't finish the starter and being overall strange. However the other waiter was lovely so...

The deco is lovely and the food isn't terrible. However I probably won't eat here again but I may swing by for a cocktail at least because they weren't all that bad!

Date of visit: February 2018