“Nothing special”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mairie Sud
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This restaurant seems to be very attractive since its position close to the cathedrale and its old fashioned style. However the food is nothing special and the meal is all but abundant. The service is nothing special too as one might expect for such a place.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stopped here for an afternoon drink outside in the shade of an umbrella on a nice day. It's located in the cathedral square in a very old building -- the architecture alone is interesting. A very pleasant rest to enjoy the square's activities.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

After a 10 minutes wait we still didn't see a waiter neither got a menu and left........................................

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place could be SO GREAT. It has charm, history, a great location etc. But the staff is very aloof - not rude, but not interested. We made a reservation and when we went upstairs, the waiter asked "how many, four?", and I said "we have a reservation", and he said louder, cutting me off, "four?". This went on a few more times until I gave up and said yes.

The food is unique and has a pedigree. I had the "Three Fish" option that for some reason only appeared on the French menus. Recommended dish.

1  Thank SonicRoadster
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Following the suggestion from our hotel, my parents and I dined at Maison Kammerzell on the day we arrived in Strasbourg. We were seated on the terrace. It was not very calm there, because lots of people were walking past us all the time and there were street musicians playing across the narrow street.

The onion pie we had for starters was OK but a little bland. For the main course, I decided to try choucroute, but I did not become fond of this Alsatian national dish. My dad complained his gilt-head bream was tasteless. The dessert, coupe fraîcheur, was a surprisingly pleasant ending to my meal.

I grant that service was flawless, but the food was disappointing and slightly overpriced. We were more careful about choosing our subsequent places to eat.