“Thai? Really?”

Neighborhood: Petite France Nord Ouest
Syracuse, New York
“Thai? Really?”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was such a disappointment. The food was so bland and appetizers extremely greasy. Location is nice and there's a nice ambience inside. But it just isn't Thai food -- they forgot the tamarind, the coconut and all the spices that make Thai food so great. Pad Thai was absolutely tasteless. Also, it's quite expensive.

• Visited April 2013

Newcastle, Australia
“Good Thai/French Food.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our meal. The Yellow Chicken Curry was amazing as was the Sauteed Beef. Service was prompt and friendly. Would highly recommend if you are looking for something Thai, however I would not call this typical thai cuisine. It is very french inspired in my opinion. Prices were reasonable. Going back tonight for our Christmas Evening.

• Visited December 2012
Bad Windsheim, Germany
“Average”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Service was nice and fast. Dishes were average and - for my taste - not really Thai. Prices are quite high due to the top location in the petite france. Would not recommend to go there when you are in Strasbourg.

Visited August 2012
Denmark
“Great Thai food !”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I and my wife dropped in - by coincidence - at this restaurant in the charming old part of Strasbourg, called la petite France. We arrived to the town rather late in the evening after a horrible journey and just wanted something to eat - fast. We didn't even notice that this was a Thai restaurant ...

But what a surprise! Very cosy and excellent - really excellent - Thai food. The soup no 2 on the menu is out of this world. Great taste - and very large portion. Also the other dishes were up to a very high standard. I consider myself to be a little expert in Thai food and I really believe that this restaurant belongs to the best I've known.

1 Thank torbenDenmark
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Food....”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The food at Chan Chira was very tasty. This restaurant seems to be family owned and staffed. Service was decent, although only one person was doing all of the serving! Surprising. He was very sweet and quiet (a natural introvert), but yet very polite with customers, if not very warm with them (which was fine, really). He did his job excellently and ensured that diners were well attended to. We were impressed. There was a jovial gentlemen who pitched in with bringing items out of the kitchen when there were clearly many orders coming up. He came out to service diners, as well. I presumed he was the young waiter/bar-tender's father.

The chicken green curry was good. The prawn noodle dish was also very good, but the meat filled samosas (Indian inspired) as the appetizer, stole the show. They were brilliant! Have them when you go.

I would recommend this restaurant, but don't be in a rush when you go. By the way, we got there at 7 p.m. and we were the second table to be seated. We did make a reservation through our hotel (Regent - Petite France -- read my review on them, please) and the service was great. We were there until 9 p.m. or so and by then the restaurant was completely packed! That is a good sign.

Yes, the food was good and the ambience traditional, colorful and cosy.

Recommend.