Tripadvisor

More Info
from $249.01
More Info
4,501 results
All reviews fairy tale christmas market cobbled streets little venice beautiful city walk around day trip half timbered houses every corner cafes and restaurants visit colmar tourist office alsace region petite venice covered market train station statue of liberty
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

A very charming place. Fairy-tale houses in small cozy streets decorated with beautiful flowers. Be sure to enjoy the relaxing atmopshere in one of several nice restaurants in the old town of Colmar.

Highly recommended to visit.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2020

We got there really early, something like 8:30am when the town was near empty of tourists and I can almost imagine what it was like in it's days. By noon the place was packed with tourist and it feel like Disneyland.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We went for the Christmas Markets. I was amazed that almost every building in the old town was decorated. It was fantastic. We just walked the streets and came upon the markets that were disbursed through out the area. I would rate this the best Christmas atmosphere I've ever seen. My only wish is that I could have stayed longer. Gorgeous!
Highly, highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2019

My head was tired from swirling around looking at so many lovely old buildings, canals and a little like Venice in that regard. We walked and walked stopping for beverages, sitting and looking at the pretty flower baskets just marveling at how peaceful and serene everything seemed.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2019

We stayed in nearby Riquewihr and intended to see the Christmas market in Colmar but due to the awful weather, the darkness at 1730h and the local rush hour we never found it, rather them. What made it more frustrating was the very poor sign-posting within the town which meant we went around in circles twice before deciding to return to the charm of Riquewihr and the next day Ribeauvillé.

Date of experience: November 2019