Beausejour Hotel & Restaurant
$121
$105
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Hotel Expo Colmar(Colmar)(Great Value!)
$66
$123
Priceline
All reviewsair conditionnice hotelcroissantscentreparking
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Convenient for sightseeing in Colmar - though we were only passing through we did a quick tour of the picturesque old town before dinner and fitted in a quick wine tasting and a walk along the canal. Secure on-site parking for (from memory) 6 euros. A small outside garden at the back for coffee or even meals if the weather was appropriate. We had an enjoyable and well presented dinner in the hotel's restaurant. Staff all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked, then found out we couldn't go (medical reasons). Tried to cancel reservation through booking.com. Hotel refused to refund. (to be fair this was part of the original terms and conditions).

Find somewhere else to stay with more reasonable managment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The receptionist was quite helpful when we asked to change rooms. The new room was good size, air conditioning, and very nice. Good location, 10 min walk to walking area in Colmar. We had dinner and was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited this hotel in late June 2013, and originally had booked in for 2 nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast.
We were completely taken in by the photographs of the hotel on the Internet, and expected it to be very good. What a disappointment. Although the bedroom was adequate, I could not get satisfactory Air-conditioning. neither could I get a WiFi signal in the bedroom, which is very important to me. One does not wish to perform sensitive internet work in a public place, which I was forced to do (near Reception) to get a decent signal.
However, worse was to come when we went down for Dinner. We waited for a long time for even a Menu card to be presented to us, and we definitely saw another couple actually being served with the meal they had ordered BEFORE we had even had our order taken! We then were very dismayed by the limited, unappealing choice on the Menu. We waited again for quite some time for our meal to arrive. When it did arrive, the Starters were unimaginative - but the Main course which my husband had ordered comprised several balls of dried-up "pork" on sticky rice, with a thin, almost tasteless sauce. However, the dish I had ordered (fish in a homardine sauce) - well, I could smell the fish long before it reached our table! I tried a very small piece, and my worst fears were realised - the fish was "off" - it stank to high heaven, and was a disgusting taste. When I finally got the waiter's attention, he was abrupt and uncaring - I had no choice but to order the same dish which my husband had ordered - this re-order of mine took an age to arrive, by which time my husband had finished eating (alone!) and therefore when my re-order finally arrived, I also had to eat my dish alone, a most embarrassing spectacle. We neither of us finished even one course of our very poor meal - it was almost inedible. Therefore we decided to cut our losses, cancel the remainder of our proposed stay at hotel Beausejour - and we booked out immediately the following morning. We will never return to this hotel ... apart from anything else, some of the carpets are very shabby indeed, and almost dangerously threadbare. Also, the "view" from the bedroom terrace was dreadfull, and I have taken several photographs of the sight, which actually include a KITCHEN KNIFE which has been casually thrown on to part of the roof below! The whole place is in serious need of a total makeover, including the Restaurant and Staff. We were thoroughly disgusted, and the exhorbitant price charged (190 Euros for Dinner, Bed & Breakfast) is completely unjustified.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StTropezLover
Beausejour_Colmar, Directeur général at Beausejour Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We have well gained knowledge of your comment and are really disappointed that you did not appreciate your stay in our home.

Yet we made everything so that your stay met your expectation as we exchanged per e-mails before your coming. You asked for : “a very comfortable room without traffic noise, with a good big bed and a clean bathroom, plus a safe parking for (your) car”. I regret that you do not put forward this in your comment, although we complied with your entire request.

The pictures you published with your comment relate half to our hotel (showing actually the queen-size bed of your room) and half to one of our neighbor. Still, the contrast between both seems big enough so that everyone could make up its own mind. The view of the terrace of your room gives onto our private garden which is daily maintained and I regret the lack of impartiality with which you wrote this comment, publishing pictures that are not the ones of our hotel.

Regarding your dinner at the restaurant, I am astounded by your comment.
Indeed, as you have well noted, our menu is never endless. This is a quality guarantee for our clients since we only work with fresh products. We receive every 48 hours new deliveries and this day, all our other guests who chose the fish dish were satisfied. We propose in our restaurant a traditional cooking, home-made and with fresh products, a part of them coming from local producers. Yet if you wanted a starred gastronomical restaurant, we already recommended you some addresses in our previous e-mails exchange.

I come back to your other observations:
- regarding the air conditioning: as soon as you told us you had some trouble to start it up, we came to provide you with the necessary help. The sense of the service is always a priority for us.
- regarding the WIFI problem you had, we regret that this day the signal was not strong enough.

However and as a commercial deal, you noted that we offered all your extra charges and the car park.

We accept the reviews of our guests, as far as they are constructive both for our next guests and for ourselves.

Yours faithfully,

M.C. Raeth

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Although slightly small the room was charming and clean. Not exactly in the city centre, this is still walking distance, thus enjoyable for visiting Colmar.
We also had dinner there and the food was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Beausejour_Colmar, Directeur général at Beausejour Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

First of all, thank you for sharing your review that helps our customers to make the good choice.
We appreciate you enjoyed your stay at Beauséjour. Five generations have succeeded each other so that our hotel keeps its hallmarks, with comfort and tradition.

We would be pleased to welcome you again at Colmar,

Best regards,