“OK but can be better”

Ibis Budget Colmar Centre Ville
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Colmar
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is 10 minutes walking distance from the centre and the front is facing a busy road. I would advise against having a room at the front of the hotel. We found the reception staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was small and the bed was useable but needed replacing. The TV remote did not work and more room lighting needs to be provided. Otherwise, all other facilities are standard ETAP grade. Wifi is completely free but slow.

Parking costs 7 Euros per day and cars must be vacated at 2pm.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at ibis in Colmar for 1 night on our 4 day bike trip to Alsace. It was the worst experience I have had in any hotel/hostel and I have stayed in my fair share of hostels. We were first put in a smoker room when we had explicitly asked for a non-smoker room. The bathroom and the linen was unclean in the next room we were offered which was on the ground floor facing a busy street. There was a notice that due to maintenance there was going to be no water until 7 pm that night - we had dinner reservations at 8 and need showers since we were sweaty from a day of riding. There was no hot water till we complained at 7.15pm. We understand that it was a budget hotel but basic cleanliness and the ability to take a hot shower are the basics one expects for any hotel. I will never stay at an ibis again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you plan a trip to Colmar / Alsace you'd rather look for some other accomodation. Every youth hostel is better than this Hotel. The rooms are extremely small, the breakfast room is dirty, a hair was in the fruit salad and the bread is dry. Receptionists just speak French, no other language.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank harry1988179
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed often at Ibis and from the reviews, I naively expected this to be less than Ibis, but okay. I traveled with a friend (separate rooms) and she chose this for the price. The double bed was comfortable, the internet and tv worked fine. There is barely enough room to walk around the bed. There was one chair - the only place to put a suitcase. There was no storage space at all. The shower stall is right in the room, so when you open the shower door, cold and naked to get a towel you are in the middle of the room. The lights in the sink area kept going off after only a few minutes and would not go on again. My room was next to the elevator and I could hear noises all the time.

I would really rate this at 1 or 2 "stars" but I took into account the low price. The first room I was given was unacceptable - the shower door was warped and did not close. I was very cold all night - the temperature never went above 19 C degrees. There was one thin blanket on the double bed and another thin one for the bunk bed, which I also used.

The area seemed quiet (my room was in the back, not facing the street), the only noises are the ones you hear inside the hotel. There was no minimarket nearby - or much of anything else.

On the plus side, it was only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Old Town and the Monoprix.

I guess if you are really counting pennies, it's okay. It was pretty clean though everything looks kind of worn out, and there was plenty of hot water. Never again an Etap for me, though.

Lastly, I am an Accorhotels member and booked the hotel through them. When I arrived I was told that I wouldn't get points for my stay because the hotel isn't on the Accor network.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel staff was not nice at the check-in. She was useless in my opinion. I can't get any information from her except city map. No universal adapter!!!

Overall, it below our expectation. We've stayed in other Etap and found that they were better than this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
An Accor traveler
Reviewed September 20, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank An Accor traveler
Reviewed August 27, 2012

hotel etap is ideal for a short stay in Colmar, close to the city centre and still in a quiet zone.
i would only reccomend a computer/internet connection available for the guests, so that also people without portable computer can go in internet

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple