“Less than I expected”

Ibis Budget Colmar Centre Ville
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Colmar
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed often at Ibis and from the reviews, I naively expected this to be less than Ibis, but okay. I traveled with a friend (separate rooms) and she chose this for the price. The double bed was comfortable, the internet and tv worked fine. There is barely enough room to walk around the bed. There was one chair - the only place to put a suitcase. There was no storage space at all. The shower stall is right in the room, so when you open the shower door, cold and naked to get a towel you are in the middle of the room. The lights in the sink area kept going off after only a few minutes and would not go on again. My room was next to the elevator and I could hear noises all the time.

I would really rate this at 1 or 2 "stars" but I took into account the low price. The first room I was given was unacceptable - the shower door was warped and did not close. I was very cold all night - the temperature never went above 19 C degrees. There was one thin blanket on the double bed and another thin one for the bunk bed, which I also used.

The area seemed quiet (my room was in the back, not facing the street), the only noises are the ones you hear inside the hotel. There was no minimarket nearby - or much of anything else.

On the plus side, it was only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Old Town and the Monoprix.

I guess if you are really counting pennies, it's okay. It was pretty clean though everything looks kind of worn out, and there was plenty of hot water. Never again an Etap for me, though.

Lastly, I am an Accorhotels member and booked the hotel through them. When I arrived I was told that I wouldn't get points for my stay because the hotel isn't on the Accor network.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel staff was not nice at the check-in. She was useless in my opinion. I can't get any information from her except city map. No universal adapter!!!

Overall, it below our expectation. We've stayed in other Etap and found that they were better than this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
An Accor traveler
Reviewed September 20, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank An Accor traveler
Reviewed August 27, 2012

hotel etap is ideal for a short stay in Colmar, close to the city centre and still in a quiet zone.
i would only reccomend a computer/internet connection available for the guests, so that also people without portable computer can go in internet

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taddeoGenova
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was my second stay a this hotel.
The hotels location is good to reach by both car and train and is by walking distance to the city center.
The staff has been friendly and service minded.
Rooms are clean but of old Etap style, since new Ibis budget style is very good i'm taking points off for that.
I am also taking a service point off for the ability to find parking when checking in at the hotel and somewhat spotty Wi-Fi coverage in rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lars H
Reviewed June 14, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Always enjoy our annual stay here. Good location, friendly and helpful staff as well. Street side is a little noisy but overall a good value hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends