All reviews train station old town rail journey minute walk double glazing town centre walk in shower the air conditioning little venice hotel is located breakfast was excellent convenient location bed was very comfortable visit colmar few steps short stay free parking
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

The location is very convenient to the train station and city center. Staff was very nice and hospitable. They allowed us to check-in earlier. The room size was ok, but the bathroom was very tiny. Breakfast was excellent.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2019

We used this hotel as a stopover on our way to Switzerland. Access from the motorway is easy and usually one can leave the car in front of the entrance (pay at the meter). The hotel has a private car park with an entrance in a side street. The railway station is no more than 100 meters from the hotel. At the time of our stay the hotel was being refurbished but the receptionists gave all possible help to avoid any problem. The room we had was clean, well furnished with a good bed. Actually we had everything needed for a good, quiet night. Breakfast is a self serviced continental style breakfast with everything one can reasonably wish. On site the Bristol has a typical Alsace Brasserie .
The receptionists assisted us very well in indicating the places to see in Colmar, a beautiful and romantic little town. Beware of tourist trap eateries in town ans ask receptionists for advice.
No doubt we will use this hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

Well, this place was… interesting. If you’ve ever watched American Horror Story Hotel, you’ll know what I mean. It’s just a bit… creepy. Old furniture. Empty corridors. Kind of fun creepy though.

Other than that, it’s right across from the train station which is handy as we were traveling from Basel and took a day trip to Strasbourg (highly recommend). It’s listed as a 4-star hotel though I would say it’s more like a very average 3-star. It’s perfectly comfortable, especially for the price. The staff is nice. It’s maybe a 15-minute walk to the Christmas markets. The bed was comfy and the shower was nice. The room was quite small yet not at all noisy considering it faced the train station. There is a fridge you can use for bits and bobs. I would say it’s a good choice for a short stay on a budget.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

super creepy ambience for the room and the corridor. oldish furniture may not be suitable for youngsters. the corridor is dark and scary.
but it’s quite consider as a good location as it is near to the train station. but the train / bus station not as useful as we thought. since we need to go by feet to the main attraction area.
and oh, never order this hotel with the breakfast! food for the breakfast was super disappointed. tasteless and the waitress was super rude. She need to comment rudely when we want to choose our sit by the window.
the price for this hotel is not cheap. the price and the real thing is not balance. such a waste.
but i guess not much hotel at Colmar, so yea, may be this hotel doesn’t feel there is a need to improve.
ps: just try to get other hotel if possible guys.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Direction_Strasbourg, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2019

Dear Sallynath,

We are sorry to read that you feel so disappointed about your stay.
The hotel is going to be renovated…it just needs time to do it step by step.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Colmar.

Reviewed December 30, 2018

we Decided to visit Colmar in Alsace for Christmas. 5 Christmas Markets on til December 30th. Staying at The Hotel Grand Bristol. I can’t fault the service I had in reply to e mails in the weeks before we visited. I was informed that the hotel restaurant wouldn’t be open on Christmas Eve. As I knew this was when the Europeans celebrated
I wasn’t unduly worried. I asked if open on Christmas Day and was told yes. I asked what the Christmas Day menu was and was duly e mailed with menu. We decided on the fish as not keen on pigeon. So I booked lunch on Christmas Eve and for meal on Christmas Day. On arrival our room was comfortable. We had a meal in the evening day before Christmas Eve. However when we were getting ready for bed the toilet blocked and overflowed into bathroom. I had to use the towels in bathroom to try and soak up . I rang reception to report what had happened to be told there was no maintenance people on duty as was Sunday night. I asked what we could do and was told couldn’t change rooms as they were full. My husband wasn’t very well had a very heavy cold & a very bad cough. So after wondering how we were going to manage I decided I would have to try and unblock myself. Which I duly did I then tried to ring reception but no reply. The next morning I rang down and requested clean towels which after saying no one to bring them the receptionist herself brought. She then asked if we wanted to change rooms so assume she had been in such the previous evening I then said that I had unblocked toilet so wasn’t necessary. We then went out to visit a Christmas market but I stopped at reception to make sure we were booked in for the meals I had booked. At first I was told no but I had kept e mail in phone when I said this I was told yes we had booked. Asked what time we wanted Christmas aeve lunch then for Christmas Day evening. On arrival in restaurant on Christmas Day evening we were seated by a door which led to street and was draughty as people coming in constantly. I asked to be moved whereupon was told as we hadn’t booked til that afternoon was all they had. I then again pointed out we had booked weeks before . A very helpful man not sure if restaurant manager took us into another room and we seated away from draught. When I was given the menu I said we had booked Christmas meal only to be told oh that was only on at lunchtime so it’s normal menu again tonight. When I had booked meal I was not told was lunchtime only or again when I queried at reception about times. On reception desk was a menu and I looked next morning and it wasn’t printed on there it was midi only. We were obviously disappointed . I felt as guests staying we should not been given the worst table in the house and should have been told special menu was only at lunchtime Christmas Day. We were staying there for 5 nights so not one nighters.
We did enjoy Christmas Markets but they were a distance from hotel. This of course was not the hotels fault we had booked with a special rail journey holiday company. Choosing because of chaos that usually happened at airports (this year drones) we decided to travel on trains & on Eurostar which was excellent. This hotel was rated 4 star and was one of a well known chain.

Room tip: Hotel was directly opposite rail station so very convenient when you have travelled all day to gat there.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Direction_Strasbourg, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.
We took note of all the facts that you described.
First of all, we are very sorry that your stay did not entirely satisfy you.

For what happened in you room the first night; it is difficult indeed to manage this kind of trouble on sunday evening.
We could have fix it the next morning, or as we suggested to you, relocated you in another room (as we where fully booked on sunday, it was not possible).

Regarding your booking for Christmas; we wanted the menu to be available on dinner.
But we got so much last minute bookings for the lunch that we almost had no stock available for the dinner...
The 25th and 26th being holidays days in our region : impossible to order anymore.

Again, we apologize for this..

We hope that you will keep a good memory of Colmar though.
If you plan to come again, contact us by phone or email, we will of course, offer you a special rate and benefits...it is the least we can do..

Best regards,