“Simply perfect”

Ranked #12 of 334 Restaurants in Colmar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

What shall I say...search no longer. You are around Colmar make sure you book a table...this place is a culinary pearl! Go and try it and make sure you try the snails with wild garlic.

1  Thank Best666

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch on a Sunday after we couldn’t get a table on Saturday for dinner. If you want to go you’ll need to book a few days in advance as it’s very popular.

The menu is great, really good choice. Nothing fancy but all sounds very tasty. We both had the wild boar terrine which was fabulous, so tasty. Then I had the onglet steak which was very tasty, I lovely the sautéed potatoes and the cooked onions/shallots. My fiancée had veal kidneys in a cream & cognac sauce, he said it was delicious. Then for dessert he had the crime brûlée and I had the moelleux du chocolate which was amazing.

The staff were all fantastic, we were helped with the menu and they were so friendly and welcoming. It was the perfect lunch, and perfect celebration for our engagement.

Reviewed December 10, 2018

My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant on the last day of our 5 day trip of Alsace and what a good choice it turned out to be ! We had fois gras ,fish in curry sauce, cordon bleue ,escargot and charlotte with maroons. Each dish was delicious. I highly recommend this place

1  Thank 770cemg
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a great dinner here- twice! The tables are dressed in white tablecloths but restaurant casual & unfussy. The welcoming service was great; personal, informative, very friendly, efficient. Dishes were described (in English) in detail. All the dishes were beautifully presented. The dorado appetizer was refreshing and tasty. The curry fish stew was phenomenal; so much so, we reserved for a few days later so my husband could have it! Husband loved his perfectly prepared steak. We shared the passionfruit spongecake dessert which was excellent with the tastiest "love fruit" topping. It was nice to get a his & hers digestif. His was strong! The wines available were not limited to the immediate region, but included Burgundy and Bordeaux. Nice to start with a glass of champagne! Make reservations in advance-this place is a must in Colmar!!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank YvonneP683
Reviewed September 10, 2018

2nd time here.
Had come last year with a friend and we had just stumbled upon this place while looking around the town - fortunately they had a table for us but while we were there at least 3 other walk-ins got turned away. We really enjoyed the food and the friendly service, so I made a mental note to come back next time I was in Colmar.
Had lunch there again last weekend as a group of 5 - once again the food was excellent and the service very friendly and personal. Classic, unpretentious French food, well-cooked with balanced flavours. The only drawback is that its a small restaurant and the menu is fairly small, so if you have very particular dietary restrictions it can be a little challenging. Pricing is also very friendly - this is a mid-priced restaurant so don't expect a white-tablecloth over-the-top Michelin experience.

Date of visit: September 2018