“Great chef!”

L'Atelier du Peintre
Reserve with
L'Atelier du Peintre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 286 Restaurants in Colmar
Cuisines: European, Diner, French, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Lugano, Switzerland
“Great chef!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was amazing thanks to the chef but the staff were not up to the level of the restaurant - too slow to react both when we arrived and were waiting 10 min for the menues and throughout our lunch.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“The chef at L'Atelier du Peintre paints a wonderful dish.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

In the very center of Colmar you find this sweet and simple 1-star restaurant. The restaurant is divided into two rooms with a simple decor; we are shown to a table in the smaller and more dimly lit room which I am thankful for. The service is kind and unfussy. We order our dinner of appetizer, main course and dessert. My appetizer of scallops with caviar made of truffles is excellent, quite refreshing and simple flavors. The main dish of sole with calamari cannelloni is well prepared and full of flavor. And for dessert chocolate upon rich chocolate was quite good. All in all, the chef at L'Atelier du Peintre paints a wonderful dish.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Memorable meal”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Excellent meal. For the entree, I had small slices of lobster with white asparagus prepared in several different ways. For the plat, I had a veal rack with a few small cubes of foie gras (just enough). Everything perfectly cooked and attractively plated. Each dish was served to us by a young person from the kitchen who mumbled in rapid French about what we were eating; I think even if we'd understood French better than we do, it still would have been somewhat incomprehensible. They need some better training and more confidence in the delivery of their message. The maitre d'hotel was excellent -- congenial, helpful, sensitive to our needs. This was the only Michelin starred restaurant that we ate in while in France, and it more than met our expectations.

• Visited April 2013
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, nice venue”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had lunch here on a freezing February day, the restaurant was warm, attractive and bustling which I always like to see. The service was friendly, attentive and efficient and - unusual for France - none of the staff sneered at my attempt to speak French. I had the 3 course Menu Goya at a very reasonable 39 euros and with a glass of champagne and two other glasses of wine and coffee it came to 80 euros. All of the food was very good and I a very pleasant time watching the snow falling outside as I tucked in.

• Visited February 2013
Vienna, Austria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“service faible”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The kitchen might be OK, a little outdated
But the service is poor and slow
I had been there 12 monts ago, and think the restaurant is surfing on a flash success which is fading
Dommage