“If the Chef is 3 stars, then my fried eggs deserve 8 stars.”

Brasserie Cote Cour
Ranked #119 of 308 Restaurants in Colmar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Côté Cour is a good restaurant, with a good service, and I eat there about once a week.
My expectations were great when I learned that a former 3 stared Chef was going to give them some "consulting advice" for a 2 weeks period.
What a deception!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait for the end of the 2 weeks period before I go back there.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My friend and I recently had dinner at Cote Cour and were delighted with our meal. I live in Montreal and my friend is from New York City, and we both know high quality food and wine. We had the roasted duck breast for our main course and the ravoli with fresh vegetables and mushroom emulsion as a starter. Since we are not big eaters, we told our waitress, Sarah, that we wanted to split the courses, Thus, our meals came appropriately in 2 different dishes for each. (Note that there was plenty of food, even with the split!) Although we ordered wine by the glass, Sarah made wonderful suggestions so that both of us were more than satisfied with the wine choices (I started with an Alsacian white - AS de BAgathe Bursin 2010-, followed by an Alsacian Pinot Noir - Steinbach Joseph Cattin 2009 - and a Gewirstramminer - Grand Cru Sonnengfanz Bott Greyl 2005 - for dessert.) The decor was modern with warmth and a very friendly environment.
This meal was a high point during our trip to Colmar.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Modern french cuisine: creative, best ingredients, but not stuffy; paired with great service and location. Excellent.

1  Thank Niels66
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Went in a group of about 8 of us for a lunch between colleagues on a weekday. Luckily we reserved, because the place was PACKED! There's actually 2 parts to the restaurant, the part for a more casual simple meal and the part for a nicer sit down meal. I was in the nicer part.

I found the restaurant rather crowded for my liking. There were lots of tables and chairs crammed into a small area. The dark red paint on the walls, while nice and modern, also increased that "small room" feeling (I am claustrophobic). I didn't use the bathrooms, but I was partially put off by how difficult they seemed to reach due to their location at the back of the room and right next to a table. (People actually had to move aside to allow access to the restroom door).

The furniture was plastic/metal which didn't give seem to match the quality of the food nor the prices.

Aside from that the food was VERY good. Our waiter was also very nice and service was good, though slow in the start (it was quite crowded so it was forgivable).

There are special lunch deals which include a dessert for about 20 euros. Apparently there is also a reduced rate for locals (or so I understood).

A bit expensive, but the food was very good. The setup wasn't the best, but if you don't really care it is worth it for the great food.

1  Thank Anexa
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Simply delicious!
I went here during my last business trip together with my clients and I had a terrific cuisine experience! Until that night I was convinced that french cuisine is overrated and by far not as good as its fame. But after being pampered in this restaurant I have to change my mind. The choice of dishes on their menu is not too big but they always have some additional "daily specials" on a blackboard. The presentation on the plate is very mouth-watering and the taste was simply sensational. Also the quality and freshness of the food was absolutely convincing. Not a cheap place to go, but the right spot for a very special evening or a business dinner with important customers.