“Average food. Would not recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant La Soi

Restaurant La Soi
Ranked #3 of 282 Restaurants in Colmar
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rotonda West, Florida
“Average food. Would not recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We waited till they opened and were put at the table by the window. That was the best part of this restaurant. Food was bland and very fatty. Was short changed and had to argue to get correct change. Would not recommend, we had much better around Colmar. If you go here, you be the judge. Count your change!

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Brussels, Belgium
“Fantastic dining experience - great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I visited Colmar with my son recently. We stopped at La Soi for lunch. The place is pretty tight with only a few tables but still we were able to get 2 seats without any problem. The guy running the place is very friendly even though he was pretty busy taking orders and explaining the dishes etc. I had choucroute garni and my son had a tarte flambee - both fantastic. I also sampled some of the Alsatian riesling. I would highly recommend this restaurant/winstub...it also got much quieter after 1.30pm. The guy running the place and (I assume) his wife are very friendly and explain which wines go well with what dish etc. He also seems to be a rugby fan so my Munster tee shirt caught his eye. Overall cost was approx 25 euros for 2 mains, juice and 500 ml wine.
Not to be missed.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank DarrenOC
England, United Kingdom
“Magical experience all round.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

We booked to eat here at relatively late notice and managed to get a table for New Years Eve. When we arrived they could not have been more apologetic. We were invited to sit at the bar and all the ataff, the owner and the locals engaged us in friendly conversation.

The apology continued in the form of free glasses of wine and a plate of local sausages to keep us going whilst our table was prepared. By the time the table was ready we would have quite happily stayed at the bar.

We were assisted in understanding the menu and ended up having fillet steak with extraordinary mushrooms which I would have never normally tried but they were nothing short of magnificent. Christmas beer, sparkling wine, locally produced red wine and deserts followed. In view of the fcat that it was New Years eve the price of 92 Euros was totally reasonable.

The place was so good that we went back the next night and had another great meal. The kitchen is behind the bar so you can see all of the food bbeing cooked and ask as many questions as you like. If i lived closer I would go back lots!

London
“Patron & Chef rolled into one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

Situated right in the heart of the tourist part of Colmar, this is a tiny pocket sized restaurant with only two tables. Other clients sit at stools around the counter or, as I did, on a stool at a high table rather as in a snack bar. The place is decorated with murals of pigs getting up to all sorts of activities. The Patron seems to know everyone who comes in and he lights up the place with his sheer bonhomie. Also he doubles as the chef and, with a woman assistant whom I assumed was his wife, cooks the orders on a small range behind the counter. I had huge portions in the Alsace manner but apart from the typical meat dishes there were delicious looking salads on offer.

1 Thank Malbear