“Delicious dinner in a delightful setting”
Review of Maison rouge

Maison rouge
Ranked #34 of 284 Restaurants in Colmar
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Santa Barbara, California
“Delicious dinner in a delightful setting”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate dinner here with good friends who now live in Switzerland. The meal was outstanding, as was the service. Our waitress was French who enjoyed speaking in English with us. We sampled pate, escargots, delicious entrees and wines. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Really bad service, OK food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Being a waitress for 10 years, I rarely complain about service. I understand, you get busy, you can forget things, but the service here was painfully slow, scattered, unapologetic and at times rude. The food was just OK - my tarte but singed around the edges and not fully cooked in the centre, my husband's steak was presented beautifully but the sauce lacked the flavour you expect in France. We would have loved to try some local wine, but our server was no where to be seen and when we did order some, it never arrived. For the price we expected so much more. Perhaps an off night, but there are lots of choices in this city, I would never choose this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2013
Dorset, England
“Good food in atmospheric setting”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The restaurant has a warm and attractive appearance from outside, with meat roasting on a spit in front of the door.
All the restaurants in Colmar were very busy, and this was no excepton, but they found a table for us in a downstairs room, not quite as atmospheric as upstairs, pehaps, but less frenetic. Service was very pleasant, and quite swift considering how busy they were.
We chose their Planchette du Vigneron, which was a wooden platter stacked with the meat we had seen roasting on the spit, cheeses, fruits, salads, fresh bread. That, and a reasonably-priced Biere d'Automne was as much as we managed.
Very good value, and I would love to go back there.

Visited September 2012
Paris, France
“an excellent lunch”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had lunch here. I think I enjoyed the specialty of the house, ham carved off the bone, along with a salad and some excellent potatoes. I'd gladly return.

Visited September 2012
Eindhoven
“Good traditional restaurant”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant is popular with the local people, and for a good reason: it serves good quality traditional Alsacien food.

Visited October 2012