“It is on deal: worth every penny!”

The Grill on New York Street
Ranked #191 of 2,864 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Grill on New York Street is the new kid on the block, a sister restaurant to the ever popular Grill on the Alley which is beginning to stamp its own footprint onto Manchester's culinary sceneThe Grill on New York Street is a fulsome nod to the classic, yet glorious steak, alongside of which runs a healthy obsession with the freshest of produce from our seas. The Grill On New York Street make no apology for offering a combination of popular requests and old favourites.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We bought the 2 courses for 2 people for £28 on “it is on Manchester” we weren’t really sure what to expect as we have had not good and bad experiences when purchasing vouchers for restaurants in the past.

However this being said this was one of the nicest meals I’ve had in a Long time!

We both opted for a starter and a main. I had the cauliflower cheese & my partners had the seasoned chicken skewer! Absolutely delicious.

For our mains I had the chicken with chips & gravy! The gravy was amazing, so meaty!

My partner had the steak & chips cooked medium rare, he says it was cooked to perfection.

The size of the mains were quite large so there was no room for desert unfortunately.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Rebeckalouise96
Racheal C, Guest Relations Manager at The Grill on New York Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

thank you for taking the time to submit your 5* review on your recent visit to Grill on New York Street.

It is great to read you both enjoyed your meal with us.

Racheal

Write a reviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my partner visited for our anniversary meal and were astounded by the quality of our visit. The food was superb and the service was exceptional (from our waiter Chris).

Would highly recommenced to anyone.

Hi Casey,

It is great to read you enjoyed your food with us and Chris looked after you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here for my sons 18th birthday as he loves a steak, and we were not disappointed. The service, the drinks, and meal were superb. The only criticism was the onion rings. We all ordered steaks and side dishes and it was all lovely apart from the onion rings. They were not of the same standard. Blatantly shop bought frozen cheap ones. What a shock. We can not complain about anything else. Will definitely be back.

Hi Linsey,

thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on your son's 18th Birthday meal.

It is great to read you all enjoyed your food with us and your son had a great time.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Dropped in here for dinner as it was close to my hotel and I was in the mood for a steak. I was delighted to find fresh oysters available as a starter as I enjoy a freshly shucked sea water bi-valve mollusc with a little lemon juice and vinegary shallots.
The oysters came served as I like them, and they were fresh. I'd requested a medium sirloin steak but it was delivered rare. When I pointed this out there was no quibbling just an apology and five minutes later I had a perfectly cooked medium steak. So good service, good oysters and good steak - what's not to like.

Date of visit: September 2019
Racheal C, Guest Relations Manager at The Grill on New York Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Hi Mark,

thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback from your recent visit to Grill on New York Street.

It is great to read you enjoyed your meal with us. Sorry to read there was an issue with your steak cooking temperature but glad it was resolved within 5 minutes.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Popped in after a work conference on my own and was made to feel very welcome. The atmosphere was great and my steak was cooked perfectly. Service was great. What's not to like?

Date of visit: September 2019
Racheal C, Guest Relations Manager at The Grill on New York Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Hi Johnny,

thank you so much for the 5* feedback from your recent visit to Grill on New York Street.
It is great to read you enjoyed your meal with us.