“Lovely meal”

The Grill on New York Street
Ranked #117 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Grill on New York Street is the new kid on the block, a sister restaurant to the ever popular Grill on the Alley which is beginning to stamp its own footprint onto Manchester's culinary sceneThe Grill on New York Street is a fulsome nod to the classic, yet glorious steak, alongside of which runs a healthy obsession with the freshest of produce from our seas. The Grill On New York Street make no apology for offering a combination of popular requests and old favourites.
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited grill on New York street using their 50% off food offer. The food was lovely. We had calamari and cheese soufle to start, surf and turf and fillet steak for our mains and sticky toffee pudding and choc tart for dessert. Service was really good and both front of house and our waiter were really welcoming and friendly. My only complaint was my steak was more medium than the medium rare I ordered but this didn't take away from the flavour and didn't make me want to return it. Overall a really enjoyable evening and for 3 courses and half a bottle of wine £30 each is great value.

• Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food and cocktails”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was here for the opening party and been back for a few times since.

I usually spend my times here conducting business as it's close to my office and fairly quiet at lunch times.

The food is always nice and the service is great.

Living Ventures have done great with this place and I'm excited to here they're opening more in Manchester.

We're members there, so alway reserve a table just incase.

• Visited November 2012
“Nice food but be careful about "medium"!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice food - good calamari and other starters. My steak was really good but they either got the medium and medium rare muddled up or the medium was seriously underdone. Nice chips and had a Czech style beer which was good.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Food was good, service was excellent. Waiter couldnt do enough for us, was a business lunch and he was able to tell us about the food and drink.

Visited December 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My friend and I decided to pop in to The Grill on New York Street yesterday because I walk past it regularly on my way to the gym and from the outside it looks fantastic! I went in and asked for a table for two and luckily the place wasn't too busy. The waiter asked me to wait at the bar for my friend but didn't ask to take my coat or make any attempt to make me feel welcome. I sat at the bar and waited for the barman. The barman came over and asked me what I wanted to drink. He made my drink but made no attempt at any conversation. I tried to make some conversation but he just said 'he didn't know anything about the place' and then just stood there awkwardly until he finally walked off and congregated with the staff at the end of the bar to have a bit of a gossip. No one came back to ask if I wanted another drink. When my friend arrived we stood around for a bit until someone come over with menus and showed us to our tables. Again no one offered to take our coats, we had to lug them and our bags over to the table with us.

Service at the table was efficient but not particularly warm. Food was average- my friend's fish was greasy, chips were ok, my burger was average. When we asked another waitress for our bill (our waiter had disappeared) she gave a dramatic sigh, retrieved our bill, dropped it on the table and walked off. Our waiter came back to take the payment and then we left. The waitress who gave us the bill was stood by the door as we left but pretended that we weren't there and didn't say goodbye.

The Grill is a beautiful venue but food isn't great and service is hit and miss. I was left disappointed and wouldn't visit again. We did notice that other groups received better service than we did - it could have been my gym bag, or the fact that we were dressed down or our ethnic background but we did feel that the restaurant felt like they were doing us a favour by letting us eat there. There are plenty of other places to eat in the city centre, I wouldn't waste my time with this one!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Shakira L
Grillonnewyorkstreet, General Manager at The Grill on New York Street, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I would really like to discuss your experience further in order to ensure that the issues you mention are addresssed and recitfied as soon as possible.

I would really appreciate if you could either email,
gosiaeverett@thegrillonnewyorkstreet.uk.com or call 0161 238 9790.

Kind regards