“Waste of time and money”
Review of Efes Taverna

Efes Taverna
Ranked #350 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As the most established Turkish Taverna in Manchester, Efes offers tremendous value for money.The atmosphere in Efes Taverna is second to none on our weekend evenings! We offer everything for a full night out all under one roof. Commence your evening with a delicious feast of authentic Mediterranean dishes as you take in the live music from our very own resident musicians. Then immerse yourself in traditional Turkish dancing, performed by our own waiters and a captivating belly dancing act. You can sit back and absorb the sights, sounds and atmosphere, or if that’s not your style, feel free to get up and join in. We actively encourage audience participation here at Efes! As the Metiderranean music fade out the disco beat starts around midnight until 2.00am. Efes Taverna is an ideal place for birthdays, hen-nights or any other celebration you care to mention with a capacity of 130 people. Once you reserve a table it is yours for the evening. We are licensed until 2.00am.Sunday through to Friday afternoon we offer an all you can eat Mediterranean buffet. 12pm - 10pm (Friday 5pm). With over 60 dishes to choose from, The food is cooked from fresh everyday and offers a vast choice of Turkish and Mediterranean favourites.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

One of worst places I have ever visit for amount you pay on saturday nights. Poor portions, average food if not below for some items, stupid entertainment not turkish at all, and full off drunk idiotic groups.

1  Thank visitor131

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been going to Efes over a few years now and if you like nice food, fresh and tasty at a good price then this is the place to visit.

Most of the week they serve as a buffet so you can try all the items to decide what it is that you like the most, but be warned, it is all nice so watch your figure.

Friday night is not a Buffet so check the prices first to see if its suit your pocket but the rest of week it is nice and cheap.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my third visit to Efes and I decided to go for my own birthday celebrations. it was a Friday and when I got there I was a little disappointed, it was very quiet and the emptiest I had seen it. Usually, there aren't any tables left and the noise hits you as soon as you walk in. Luckily, this soon didn't make any difference.

In a way it was better that it was less busy as we were then given the option to order anything we would like from the al a carte, instead of having the usual buffet menu. The food was absolutely gorgeous! I had hallumi starter and chicken and feta main. Beautiful. Two of my friend's had lamb, which they felt was raw and the waiter was so upset that they weren't happy with the meal and dealt with it fantastically. Hours later when we were dancing another waiter approached my friends and apologised again and offered free drinks.

The entertainment was great, it's hard not to get in a party mood with the dancers, waiters and the fact that you join in is great. You're never bored. They play cheesy old music at the start, then it's entertainment, then the DJ plays up to date stuff at the end.

For the price £17.50 for three courses and enetertainment and just how fantastic and welcoming the staff are, I would have to give 5*. When the guitarist was playing the traditonal music on the guitar and the sangria was flowing- we really did feel like we were all on holiday. No one had a bad word to say about the evening.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my girlfriend there for a meal, last Tuesday, and it was superb.

The atmosphere was really nice with the Greek music (some classics were played) adding to the authenticity of the place, but it wasn't so loud you couldn't hear the person you were sat with. There were two waiters who were very professional, smart, always in attendance if needed and whatever we wanted was no trouble.

The food...ah, the food. There is a good mixture of Greek and Cypriot food and everything is cooked perfectly. The food is outstanding. Really. I had pastourma (which tasted just like it should do) and my girlfriend had Haloumi saganaki for starters, with a couple of pita breads that were lovely and toasted. For the main meal, she had stifado and I had paidakia, which was seasoned very well. There was so much, neither of us could finish and we took what was left home.

The price was very reasonable and what we would have expected to pay. In fact, if you include the large bottle of Keo, Coke and two kafes, then the price for a Greek restaurant in the middle of Manchester was excellent.

This, for us, is the best Greek restaurant (coupled with Rozafa's in Stockport), that we have found and we have eaten in quite few around Lancashire/Manchester. We will definitely go here again and the next booking has been placed.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went here on a Monday night, the restaurant was very quiet but the service was terrible. We ordered a g&t each to start and despite chasing down the waiter and ordering another drink, we still hadn't received them by the time we had finished our mains.
I told the waiter I wasn't happy paying for the drinks which he grudgingly took off the bill and glared at me. Let it be noted that having waited 10 minutes from asking in a virtually empty restaurant I had also has to chase this waiter for the bill... Food was okay, not worth the crappy service and total lack of ambience. Very disappointing.

2  Thank miami9779