“Service of so called "front of house staff" was disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vina Manchester

La Vina Manchester
Ranked #78 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hola!! La Vina is an authentic spanish restaurant, we have two levels, our raised level is ideal for private parties or even just large bookings, we also have baby changing facilities available.For larger bookings we do offer a set menu or the standard Tapas menu if preferred and at lunchtimes Monday to Friday we have a set price menu available at £9.95 as well as our standard tapas menu.Come and give us a go and you won't be disapointed.Hasta Pronto!!
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service of so called "front of house staff" was disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked a table at the restaurant for 7.45pm on Saturday 20th July, as we were staying in Manchester and going to the Comedy Club after our meal.
We arrived at the hotel we were staying in and there was an issue with our booking, so I called the restaurant and explained we would be approx. 10 minutes late, to which I was told, this is fine we hold the table for 15 minutes anyway.
We arrived at the restaurant at 7.55pm and there was a really long queue, so I entered through another door and spoke to a very polite young Spanish female, who turned to speak to the English female to explain our situation, in a very rude and abrupt manner the English female replied "well she'll just have to wait"
We proceeded to the extremely busy bar, where we couldn’t get served and waited. After we had waited until almost 8.30pm, bearing in mind we had booked for 7.45pm, I went back to the front desk to enquire how long the table was likely to be, again speaking to another very polite young Spanish female, before either of us could speak to the English female, she raised her, showed me the palm of her hand and said “look I have already told you, you’re going to have to wait” with that I replied; I wasn’t getting annoyed and I didn’t appreciate her attitude and that I have a booking at the comedy club and don’t want to miss it. She just replied again in an abrupt and rude manner “look its busy you’re just going to have to go and wait and I’ll get to you when I can”
When we eventually sat down at almost 8.35pm, the waitress was very apologetic and saw we got our food in good time, but thanks to waiting nearly an hour after the time of the booking, we were late for our Comedy club booking.
I was firstly shocked at the length of time we had to wait, what’s the point in booking if you have to wait nearly an hour after your booking time and I was appalled at the attitude of the female, she was rude and ignorant, which is unacceptable.

• Visited July 2013
Donna S, Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hola! Thank you so much for your review. It's always great to hear from our guests even if its not amazingly positive. I believe we have emailed you directly regarding your complaint.
Again I can only apologise for your last experience as we are better than that.

We hope to see you again soon.

• Greek first
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice buzz about the place, service very good, very friendly, food was awesome, and wine reasonably priced.

Visited July 2013
Hola!! Thank you so much for your small but mighty review :) I'm really happy you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to passing your feedback onto our team.

We hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant end to stunning day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Date : 16 July 2013
Son No2 Graduation day.
We spent a very pleasurable 3 hours in the afternoon enjoying a relaxed meal and a drop of wine celebrating.
We filled the table with selection of tapas and basically tucked in. My personal favourite was the pork cheeks.
The wine was excellent – the waiter suggested a tempranillo rather than our choice of a rioja, and he was spot on.
The staff were brilliant, just the right mix of being there when you wanted and unobtrusive the rest of the time, with some useful help on wine and food selection.
All round excellent food/atmosphere/service – just need a good excuse to return to Manchester and try La Vina again.

• Visited July 2013
Hola!! Thank you so much for your review, I'm so happy you enjoyed your afternoon with us and that our waiters recommendations went well too! Congratulations on your sons graduation.
I look forward to passing your feedback onto our team and we hope to see you again soon.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great Ambience and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Couldn't have celebrated my son's graduation in a more enjoyable and appropriate way. 9 of us arrived having only booked 5. Unphased they indicated the bar while they set up. The décor was smart and in keeping with a quality tapas bar and restaurant. They gave us a complimentary bottle of fizz and kept their cool when we asked them to select a variety of plates on our behalf. The atmosphere was conducive to good conversation and fun dining and the food was delicious (even if not as spicy as some of our number would have liked). I am happy to recommend them

Donna S, Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hola!! Thanks you so much for your great review!! It's always great to hear from our guests especially when they have enjoyed themselves like your group did.
I look forward to passing your great feedback onto the team and from everyone here at La Vina we wish your son all the best in his future career and life of course :)

We hope to see you and your family again soon,

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food, great wine - my favourite restaurant to date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

There used to be one of these restaurants in Leeds and my husband and I absolutely loved it, had some great memories there, then it closed and so we took a trip to the one in Manchester. We weren't disappointed. The food is delicious, we love Spanish tapas style food anyway but this restaurant is the best of its kind (I have yet to find a better one in the uk anyway!). It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The menu was good with lots of dishes to choose from and there were some great specials as well. I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone and will visit again hopefully soon!

• Visited August 2012
Donna S, Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hola!! Thank you so much for your great review!! I remember talking to you at your table, yes it is a shame that we closed our Leeds restaurant but in a way I'm happy because you got to see us!
I really look forward to passing your feedback onto our team, and I really hope that we get to see you again sometime soon.

Look after yourselves :)