“Perfect lunch”
Review of Taurus - CLOSED

Taurus
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I had lunch at Taurus last week. My BLT was outstanding but more importantly the service was second to none. Friendly and helpful. Thank you.

1  Thank David T
Nosheel, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thanks David. Good service is so important to us, so really happy we delivered it to you (with a BLT in hand)!

Thanks for taking the time to comment. See you soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had dinner here yesterday after being recommended by a friend and it did not dissappoint. Friendly welcome, We were heading to the airport and the waiter offered to take our cases. Quick service. Would have loved to have spent more time at the bar. Will be returning on my next trip to Manchester.

Nosheel, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Really glad you enjoyed your short visit to us. Hopefully you'll have more time the next time.

Thanks for the nice comments. See you soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I visited Taurus with my wife last Friday evening. I was looking for somewhere in between Victoria Station and the Apollo. Some nice reviews on Trip Advisor and the lure of Happy Hour drinks prompted me to give it a whirl.

We arrived at around 5.30 on a nice sunny evening and as such all the outside tables were full, we ventured inside where there was plenty are free tables. A quick ask at the bar and then our waiter Joe was called to show us to a table.

The service was fabulous, my wife and I both ordered a burger each and a side of onion rings to share, when the food arrived the onion rings had been forgotten, not a major issue, however to the massive credit of Taurus, the man serving the food came and apologised that our waiter had forgotten the onion rings and that we would receive them for free. Soon after our waiter came over and also apologised, this is perfect customer service, I would have been satisfied with an apology and late onion rings, but to get them for free makes all the difference, we had barely started eating before they had been bought to our table.

The food itself was delicious, the burger was a thick 8oz burger served on delicious bread and cooked to perfection, served with skinny fries and a side salad. I would have liked some spicy sauce but didn't ask if any was available. Looking round at some of the food being served to other tables, it all looked fantastic and I can't wait to try something else.

We had a couple of bottles of the house rose wine which was drinkable and great value at £8.50 per bottle, next time we will try a cocktail or two.

The place has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and is very friendly.

Would I recommend this place to my friends? I have been doing his since Saturday?

Will I return? I'm just trying to plan my next visit now to our new favourite place to eat.

Nosheel, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely words. Wars have been started for less than those outdoor tables! Hopefully next time you can ring ahead to book, so we can save you one outside or in the window.

Really glad you both enjoyed the food. It's our pleasure re the onion rings. We all make little mistakes occasionally but we prefer to offer a little gesture with the apology.

We can always offer some sweet chilli sauce, or the devilishly lethal hot sauce we coat the buffalo wings in... Please feel free to ask as you order next time.

Will pass on the comments to Joe when he is back from his holiday.

Thanks again. See you soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been coming to this bar / restaurant on and off for ten years, and it still remains well ahead of the competition on Canal Street in terms of quality and service.

On this visit, the food was very good, the staff very friendly, and there was a lovely friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

Whether you come here for drinks or food, during the day or in the evening, it is always a great place to meet friends in a laid back setting.

Nosheel, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thanks for the comments Lee, and also your continued loyalty. We're coming up to our 13th birthday soon...scary! We feel we owe it all to our wonderful customers and team. See you soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great bar, great food, very relaxing and friendly atmosphere. We always pop in for a drink if we're in the area.
Good food choice and specials. Cocktails are lovely and the staff very attentive. Hard to find a fault. Restrooms might be better placed, but that's about it.

Nosheel, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thanks for the positive feedback Fiona. Really glad you enjoyed again. Sometimes even we feel it's a chore to go down the stairs, but when we come back, we feel it justifies another cocktail! See you soon hopefully.