“Consistently Good”
Review of Taurus - CLOSED

Taurus
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been frequenting Taurus since it opened, (our office was just along the street) and still call in every time I visit Manchester. The staff always greet me like an old friend and serve the best Club Sandwich for miles around, in fact the last one I had that compared was in New York.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Warm and cosy. Not a gourmet kitchen but good food for a very reasonable price. The service is personal and warm. If you are in Manchester go there.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Myself and my friend were on canal street on sunday 28th October , we were looking for somewhere to go for sunday lunch , we popped into Taurus on Canal street to find it was very busy , we asked at the bar and were told it would be a small wait for a table , to which we said , no problem, we got a drink and within minutes were seated by a very attentive waiter , we ordered the Pate to start , which was excellent and the pork and chicken roast, both of which were excellent as well , i have to say, it was an excellent meal all round and great vlaue for money and all the staff from the Management to the waiting staff were so friendly and we couldnt have asked for better welcome and service , Well Done Taurus , we will defintiely be back and will recommend to all our friends ! Steve

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My partner and I chose to have our civil ceremony at taurus. We had a perfect day..........

When we chose taurus the owner gave us a manager's deatils who dealt with everything for us and was in constant contact with us to deal with any queries/worries. Which when planning a wedding there will always be lots! They were great and really put our minds at ease.

The food was fantastic, as it was so reasonably priced I was a bit sceptical as to what quality it would be, I needn't of worried, it was lovely and everyone at the reception commnented on how nice it was and how much choice there was. They gave us a choice of 5 different mains, which I was thought was great, as at any other wedding i've attended its usuallly a meat or veggie option.
Every course was served so quickly and efficiently, you could really see the organisation of the team of the staff they had on for the day, its that type of little detail that really made our day so perfect.
The team were all lovely and so professional, as someone who works in a customer service based profession, bad customer service is a real pet hate of mine, so I'm hard to please.
When we booked this place we had a hotel that matched the price of taurus but becuase of how accomadating and helpful they'd been when enquiring we decided to go with them, I'm really glad we did.
We both cannot reccomend this place enough, great staff, food, atmosphere and extremely reasonably priced.

Ric B, Manager at Taurus, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.
I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable day and look forward to seeing you both in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Excellent Black Pudding and Rosti, lip-smacking linguine with chorizo and chili!!
Super menu, keenly priced, ambience as nuanced and as relaxed as usuual!